Hey guys, I have probed around and been looking for a descent priced printer for about 6 months now. I am a Controls Engineer/Maintenance by trade and have worked with my hands for quite sometime now. I was pondering on a couple different makes and models but settled on this one. I can say I read all the reviews and they were about 50/50 but I'm really really glad I chose this one so far. I received it about 3 weeks ago right befor Christmas. I'll make this short and sweet and you guys feel free to ask me anything that's on your mind. I can tell you this..............It took me about 18 hours to build. I bought the one made out of Acrylic. If you have never worked with Acrylic, it's not forgiving at the least. You have to be extra careful when tightening everything. I had absolutely no problems building this machine. The directions were a little off here and there, but if you have common sense, you will succeed. Only one small issue I had was exactly what other reviewers were saying about the shafts not being totally straight and my were maybe a little out but not enough to hurt anything. I did have to turn up the amperage a small bit on my Z axis stepper motors. Other than that, I am totally happy with the prints I have been getting so far. I can say I have had great luck printing right from the get go.

Now having been using it for the past couple weeks, the "what ifs" are coming into play. The machine comes with a 12v power supply at so many amps, I'm not exactly sure because I'm wrinting this at work right now, lol, but the only trouble I'm having, and it's not really trouble, is waiting on the heatbed to heat up to 100c or so for ABS. PLA works like a dream keeping the heatbed at around 65 to 70 but I find that with the 12v power supply powering everything, it's very hard for it to heat up to around 100c. So right now I'm in the process of trying to find a SSR or a Mosfet that I can hook a 24v supply to just for the heatbed. Again this is just a short review on my opinion of the Prusa i3 x and I'm totally happy with it I will post some pics and I'm in the process of starting to make some videos for Youtube. Thanks guys and like I said let me know if you have any questions20151224_195502.jpg20151225_183011.jpg20151231_184128.jpg20160101_145226.jpg20160104_213553.jpg