Close

Technician
    Add ZorAxe on Thingiverse

Brim Inconsistent

Hi there,

I have a Prusa i3 running Marlin firmware, RepetierHost and CureEngine. I'm having troubles with the "Brim" settings. See the pics below. It hasn't always been like that. Any idea what setting could have cause this? Normally the Brim prints without any gaps between the lines of ABS.

Thanks

It doesn't look like the nozzle is the right distance from the bed. The filament should be pushed into the bed for the first layer. If that is not what is wrong, the next best guess would be you are under extruding material. But my bet is you are too high up off the bed for the first layer to go down nicely.

Technician
    My First Layer Height is 0.3mm on that print and First Layer Extrusion Width is 120%. I will try change them on my next print. Maybe 0.2mm and 100%???

You are assumming the mechanics of the printer are OK. With the nozzle cleaned off so there is no plastic on it... How far from the bed is it when PronterFace says you are .2 mm from it? At .2 mm you should see a small air gap, but have a little bit of trouble sliding a business card between the nozzle and bed.

My guess is you need to adjust things so the nozzle is closer to bed by just a tiny amount.

Technician
    I took the heated bed off to fix the thermistor. When I put everything back I did level the bed but I didn't go to extreme lengths though because i have an inductive proximity sensor for auto bed leveling. I will check and make sure the offsets are correct on the z axis

Technician
    @Roxy

Thank you. I did what you said and it's all sorted. My proxy wasn't set correctly.