Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse

Question Woah, What a difference... Is there something else going on here?

Over the last few weeks I've been reading about how adding a cooling fan to the FFCP could improve ABS printing results. I was skeptical, but thought It's not a difficult modification so 'Why Not'. I printed a calibration step cube before and after the mod...

It looks like they are printing in 2 different resolutions?

Left is after mod, right before mod.

20151125_061802.jpg

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    It may look better but both are overextruded. It's possible also that you are melting at too high of temp, that's why the right one is so glossy. I say overextruded since even the cooled one has many rounded corners where they should be sharp. I've never printed that piece, but I am pretty sure all the corners are sharp and square.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Using S3D, what are some ways to fix the over-extruding? The cube is printed in Hatchbox ABS@ 230c with a bed (glass) temp of 115c. all other settings are default.

Super Moderator
    Set the correct average filament diameter. Then adjust extrusion multiplier. .92 is a good multiplier to start with. 115c for the bed temp is way hot for ABS. Use 90-95c. Use ABS slurry on glass, apply slurry when glass reaches 90c+.

glass, is it essential?

Since you brought up glass, I noticed the local library's Cube never produces curled bottoms, and they have glass platforms. I've used various on my platform and may get good adhesion for, at best, a few weeks, but they seem to all eventually curl. I hate to keep throwing money at this but do you feel glass is essential for adhesion/no curling? Thanks for any advice/info/opinion you may offer.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyInNH View Post
    Since you brought up glass, I noticed the local library's Cube never produces curled bottoms, and they have glass platforms. I've used various on my platform and may get good adhesion for, at best, a few weeks, but they seem to all eventually curl. I hate to keep throwing money at this but do you feel glass is essential for adhesion/no curling? Thanks for any advice/info/opinion you may offer.
    Curling/warping and lack of adhesion are no the same thing and can have very different causes and remedies. You are going to have to give more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Curling/warping and lack of adhesion are no the same thing and can have very different causes and remedies. You are going to have to give more information.
    Original surface on Flashforge worked great for 6 weeks, with short objects. Tall objects, no joy. Put a new one on, same thing send by the vendor, didn't work. Next up, Zebra mat, no joy. Hairspray, no joy. Even superglued rising edge, no joy. Anything taller than 3/4 inch curls. Anything under is fine.

Local library uses a Cube with glass, never a problem.

Curled object eventually rises enough that the extruder hits it and knocks it off the platform. Though curling alone a problem on this accuracy matters print.

Will adjust and test, thanks

Super Moderator
    Print at 100% infill also. What size is the model you printed? The base model is pretty small. Did you enlarge it any?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast