Close

Student

Extruders won't Adjust up and down

I have a PowerSpec 3d Pro (Flashforge Creator Pro) and I'm having a horrid time adjusting my extruders, they are not level, and I understand the procedure for leveling, however, when I remove the set screws, the nozzles will not go up and down without turning them back and forth. It seems others can just nudge their extruders in place to go up or down. I'm wondering if others have had this issue and how they solved it.

J

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    a hammer ?

Easiest way to solve this is to measure/gauge the difference in height between the two and raise the lower one using shim.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Easiest way to solve this is to measure/gauge the difference in height between the two and raise the lower one using shim.
    Yeah, I have some parchment paper (silicon infused paper) which is high temperature capable I've thought as using a shim, a washer on one side was too much. I've ordered some pullers from Amazon as well, I'm thinking I could use a windshield wiper puller or a simple gear puller to nudge the extruders in place. If the gear pullers work well, I'll post pictures.

Thanks!

Not sure what your method is +

Just loosen the two screws under the heat spreader bar and place the shim between the bar and the carriage, Retighten the screws.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Not sure what your method is +

Just loosen the two screws under the heat spreader bar and place the shim between the bar and the carriage, Retighten the screws.
    I understand the concept, but worry it will cause the nozzle to not be in parallel with the print surface?