Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    You just need one to print. There are a lot to choose from unless you printed comes with a proprietary one already. If it comes with one, that's all you need. You just import the model (usually an .stl), adjust your settings and print.

If you want to build a model, that takes a separate program. However, Meshmixer allows you some pretty interesting model building controls as well as printing functions.

But, back to your original question, it only takes one program to print, start to end. The choice you have to make though is, which one to use?
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

I used it a bit. I think it is way too limited to design something.
    However I have used it to generate AMF files from multiple STLs and it worked.
    I have used it as well to do some patterning on models I had made : the parameter range is limited but it is the only free tool I have seen doing that and I must say the results where quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience using Meshmixer 3D software? Had a question today from a friend and couldn't answer it. He's looking for a solid free 3d modelling software. I heard about Meshmixer before, but couldn't really give him it as a suggestion since I never worked with it. I know it's available for both PC and Mac.

http://www.meshmixer.com/ is the website.
    I've tried to use it a couple of times, and maybe more. But i don't quite like the interface, it's a little frustrating to work with, trying to edit a mesh, not really being able to do what i want precisely. Maybe it has to do with the nature of meshes. I find the commands not very intuitive.

BTW, can Meshmixer be considered a solid 3d modelling ? From this definition, i would say it's not.

As a solid modeller, i use Autodesk Fusion 360 and i love it. You can also work with mesh in it, and export to stl. I think it's free if you are an "enthusiast" or student and don't use it for commercial purposes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12