Close

New DLP Printer with the LARGEST build volume on the market

Hey Guys,

We are now kindly inviting everyone to finish a survey for us.

We are now developing the next generation of our DLP 3D printer, and we really need to gather some opinions before it hits Kickstarter. It will be a DLP printer with the largest build volume on the market, and it will provide the best solution to SME, MakerSpace and personal users.

There will be only 8 questions, and every member will be notified before we launched to make sure that every one gets the Early Bird reward if you are interested(remember to submit to our newsletter).

You can find detailed information including tech specs and test prints by visiting our demo website(which is free, and will be reconstructed later): http://futuremake3d.wix.com/rocko3d

Demo videos are coming soon, please stay tuned. The survey is on the "More" page, so help us get some feedback.

Thanks!
    untitled.jpg???001.jpg19.jpg21.jpg22.jpg

The gizmo printer line offers a DLP printer with up to 400x250x850 mm buildspace.

So this is not even close to being the DLP printer with the largest build space.

Student
    Add taskman on Facebook Add taskman on Google+ Add taskman on Thingiverse
    And it is now on Indiegogo
    http://igg.me/at/gizmo3Dprinters

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Ok, well I would normally say bombing his thread with advertisements of your campaign is not cool, but you both have interesting machines.

I will say this however. It would be nice if for once, when you are selling a machine and are using prints that you got from thingiverse or similar to advertise your machine - maybe just give the author a little credit?

Gizmo3D, you are using my Terminator Head in yours, looks great, great print (you're welcome) but I see no mention of the model origin or author, and you did have the chance with your images and text added.
    (p.s I seem to have the only hi-poly version available, so if I am incorrect on that one I apologize, but after 70+ hours on a mesh you sort of know it pretty well..)

LeapFrog also did this with my Robocop head - (scroll to the bottom of their front page). . and so have a tonne of other companies, mainly chinese clones, but it would be nice if they just said "hey this model came from here:" etc... After all, we supply them for free for the printing community it would be nice to have that respect paid back at least with a credit.

Right now, both of your machines are lacking alot of things as a consumer I would go for.

Gizmo3D -
    So far these look pretty good as far as the test prints go. Insane build volume and if you compare the Gizmax to something like an Autodesk Amber, which is the same price roughly, then wow.. you can't even compare the volume.
    But - the quality of the Amber is still in my humble opinion the best I've seen for a desktop DLP. BUT you do supply 27 litres of resin, which is pretty dam good I have to say. No ones beating that right now.

Nice information, good quality prints - I do really wish you all the best as an Aussie, but yeah the prices are just way too steep - Perhaps drop the 5 litres of resin to 1 or 2 and it might at least help somewhat. But Looking at the aluminium extrusions, the overall design - I really don't feel like I'm getting my moneys worth, but the proof is in the pudding as they say - but a little aesthetics goes a long way in this industry (take the Cube and other "pretty" printers for example)
    But, at $4000 for your base model, I will have to give backing it a pass - you really should have gone the $2.5k bracket, then the $5k then the big $8k - Like seriously, why would anyone buy a Gizmate when the Gizpro is only $500 more?? and comes with 2 litres more of resin and double the build volume practically? it really doesn't compute guys - I'd even drop the amount of resin in the Max kit and sell it for less, I would seriously back you if your Gizmax was more around the $6k mark.

Rocko3D
    Well, not alot I can say. It's hard to be constructive.

*3D rendered images of your printer - no real ones. You have test prints, so why no images of the actual physical machine?
    * No real information
    * Test prints are very poor quality with alot of bubbles and bad layering (alot of it looks like a result of dirty optics to be honest, but that's the Xerox technician in me talking ,sorry)
    * Wix free website looks cheap. If you can afford to produce DLP printers, you can afford a website host, or at the least a cheap kickstart or indiegogo page.

Last edited by Geoff; 03-11-2016 at 04:32 PM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Hey Geoff,

I am currently at Gizmo headquarters in Brisbane working with the owner manufacturing some parts for a client of mine.

I've got a muve DLP that hasn't cut the mustard for our requirements (size limitations) and have found the Gizmo to do the job I need.

Seriously, if you want to buy it off me send me a message. I see you're in Australia, I am too and with exchange rates even the Muve isn't a great price.

I'd willingly part with mine for $2500 or best offer excluding freight costs to wherever you are.

email me at matt.hillocks@icloud.com if you're interested.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    G'day Matt, thanks

Honestly right now I'm just weighing up the pro's and cons of them all, let me do some research on the muve and I'll get back to you for sure.

Yep, I'm in NSW, a little out bush but still able to get a printer from china in 5 days so I should be sweet

Student
    Hi

Ok, well I would normally say bombing his thread with advertisements of your campaign is not cool
    I didn't think it would be a problem to show our link since Brumbaer already spoke about us

but you both have interesting machines
    Thank you

when you are selling a machine and are using prints that you got from thingiverse or similar to advertise your machine - maybe just give the author a little credit?
    I added credit where I could now on the campaign. I did notice that nowhere on Thingiverse people actually gave credit to the original studios that created the things, e.g. Lucasarts or in the case of the Terminator James Cameron. I guess that is a discussion for another day.

Right now, both of your machines are lacking alot of things as a consumer I would go for.
    Please tell us what? Remember, extras cost money. Please e-mail us your number at info@gizmo3dprinters.com.au and I will phone you back if you want to discuss this

But - the quality of the Amber is still in my humble opinion the best I've seen for a desktop DLP
    I have not taken an Amber apart or seen in in real life so I can't comment, but I doubt their rails are rated at 45kg each with a 20mm ballscrew, with a Nema 23 motor and 10:1 gearbox, with 316 Stainless steel build plate and stainless steel vat that will hopefully outlast an atomic bomb and 2mm to 3mm powder coated steel parts.

But Looking at the aluminium extrusions, the overall design - I really don't feel like I'm getting my moneys worth
    We make almost no profit on these machines at these prices. Most of the money went into parts + resin + projector. Others make 200% on their printers, e.g. Ember. We make alot less than 100% per GiziMate. It is sad that you think you are not getting value for money after we have had so many beta testers and other users give their thoughts on the machines. We can develop the mUve type printer and probably make more profit, but then we will sell something that is not at the level that we want it to be. I get so many mails from people complaining about their Formlabs printers, B9, mUve and other bottom up printers. Ofcourse I am hoping I don't get the same e-mails about our printers, but I did try to solve the problems that people complained about.

but a little aesthetics goes a long way in this industry
    Yes a company we have been working with for many months was supposed to run a competition to design the skin for the printer and the winner would have received a free GiziMate, but the company pulled out a week before our launch

Like seriously, why would anyone buy a Gizmate when the Gizpro is only $500 more?
    Loss leader. Also shipping is cheaper because it is shorter and different people want different things. Not everybody want to go for a 390mm tall build volume. Some people can only afford the GiziMate price.

and comes with 2 litres more of resin and double the build volume practically
    The GiziMate can build a max height of 260mm and the GiziPro 390mm. 50% increase in height. 50% increase in part lengths, e.g. legs, ballscrews, rails. More weight to assemble, more weight to package. Need 1 person to assemble a GiziMate, need 2 people to work on the GiziPro. GiziMax need 3 people to assemble

I would seriously back you if your Gizmax was more around the $6k mark
    It is almost US$4151 = AU$5482 to AU$5930 depending on the exchange rate (http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/...rom=USD&To=AUD)

We are looking at releasing a Bare Bones GiziMate for you without a projector, no resin, some assembly required, limited online support, less shipping cost because some assembly required. We are waiting for Indiegogo to add more perks to the campaign, because we used up the 20 perks already.

The resin included is what is needed to fill the vat and it is at almost cost price.

If you don't fill the vat you can't print or you will need to fill it with salt water and have alot of other things to manage, but we will give the users the choice now. We noticed with our beta testers if each one has a different amount of resin or different type of resin or changes in vats then support gets crazy. So with the Bare Bones version you then get limited support. The online support was added to the cost of each machine because someone has to sit there and answer forum posts and e-mails. Ofcourse if you have your own projector and resin we can't support that. We added phone support as an extra so that we could keep the price down.

blissiictrl and his friend printed at my place the whole weekend and they were very happy with the results and the speed. We printed 16 of an item in 3 hours that would normally take 6 hours per 1 he said. blissiictrl and I would love it if you buy his mUve because then he can buy a GiziPro with super speed that he is very excited about. We recorded most of the weekend on http://www.myminifactory.com/tv/chan...d-printers-547.

Kobus

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I don't think authors really need to give credit to the original producers of said franchise - considering they are making a fan base model off said franchise.. it sort of goes without saying one would imagine. If you notice on my makes, I generally plaster the actual logo for the movie on there, be it aliens, robocop, star wars, whatever.. it's pretty much black and white. It wasn't purely directed at you, as I said it happens alot, it doesn't really piss me off I just went through all your videos and when I saiw the head being printed, as you do you say to yourself " lol thats my T2 head" ... and then I got to thinking how many people I had seen do that without credit, so - this isn't about franchises, james camerons, or stan winstons getting credit, it's the person that supplied you with the file you are printing out to demo your printer on. I would have been more than happy to make you something custom with the logo or something in it for your kickstarter if I even knew about it back when.

Just to clarify:
    I didn't think it would be a problem to show our link since Brumbaer already spoke about us
    That's who I was referring to, sorry If I assumed he worked for you.

I think you've covered everything I mentioned, not alot of point picking any of it apart, you've taught me alot. When I say "as a consumer" I mean someone who is literally just about to buy a new DLP printer, this is why I'm in this thread. So far, after alot of research this past week yours does look like a really good option.
    Although I don't know if I need a machine that can withstand an Atomic Blast, but if Kim Jong keeps up the way he's going, hey who knows?

p.s as for pricing I mentioned and specs vs specs vs what you get for your money, I was referring to this sorry, hence the confusion, I think you must not have been talking about the deluxe pack. I suppose you would want the super speed pack if you are printing objects that large in resin.

1.1 GiziMate 130 Basic*: US $2950
    Build Height = 130mm (5.5in)
    Build Area = 200mm x 113mm (7.87in x 4.44in)
    5L resin included in price, super speed add-on not included.

1.2 GiziMate 260 Basic*: US $3390
    Build Height = 260mm (10.23in)
    Build Area = 200mm x 113mm (7.87in x 4.44in) 7L resin included in price, super speed add-on not included.

1.3 NEW! GiziMate Xtreme: US $7965 - The all-inclusive GiziMate deal!
    Build Height = 260mm (15.35in)​ - Build height depends on build area
    Build Area = 405mm x 250mm (15.9in x 9.8in)
    27L resin included in price, super speed add-on and much more included
    (see description in perks)
    Last edited by Geoff; 03-14-2016 at 03:24 AM.

Student
    If you mail me I can give you the e-mail address of the guys that printed here this weekend and you can mail them or phone them. The one guy, Sam, has never printed in his life. He was pushing out prints every hour to three hours. They worked in shifts to get things done sleeping on the living room couches next to the printer. It makes so little noise you can sleep next to it

My wife will post a photo of all the things they have printed soon to social media. It fills up our outdoor table. So it is a lot

The GiziMate 130, 260, Xtreme are the same machines. Just taller vats, more resin and more add-ons. Somehow people on reddit came up with the logic that since we don't post every combination of every printer we are bull shitting people somehow and some other nasty things so we just added the Xtreme with all the add-ons that you would add yourself anyway and a wide vat to keep them happy.

The resin is priced at almost cost price on Indiegogo to try and help people get the printers.

The first 30 GiziMate 130's are $2950. Remember we lose +-10% to Indiegogo and PayPal and exchange rates so we get around $2655 and we make far less than 100% profit. Selling 10 printers on Indiegogo will pay for 1 months salary about. The 130 will be $3150 if we did sell more than 30.

At $3150 + 2L resin + a vat that is almost double the amount of 316 stainless steel as the 130 + build plate 316 legs that are double that of the 130 + double the heat pad length = $3390. So for $240 more you get all that.

The campaign seems to be stuck. We have almost 7000 views and only about 1000 of them watch the video

I missed the rest of this discussion, but what they are saying is true. Myself and Sam, the other bloke I have been working with on this project have been using Kobus' machine to produce parts for market.
    To us, the biggest benefit was the use of the super-speed mode, which allowed us to test G-code out on each of the part and see how they printed, then re-writing and testing certain parameters.

On top of that, Gizmo's proprietary software is incredibly powerful compared to anything I've used. It works stupidly well, with the ability to change G-code on a LAYER TO LAYER BASIS!!!
    This means where we needed solid geometry, such as mounting points, we could do this, but if we didn't need that at all, could run hollow or with infill at whatever percentage we needed.

I am still trying to sell my Muve, or at least work out how to readapt it to not use for DLP. It has potential to be rebuilt into a pretty sizable FDM machine, or with some work I could modify it into a casing for an SLS rig, but for DLP I have had nothing but bad luck. I think the most I have ever got successfully printed is about half a part before it stuffed up. This is probably due to this being my first build-yourself machine, but if you could put yourself in my position, would you not get the shits with it and want something like the Gizmo rig? I wouldn't even need their biggest printer to satisfy my requirements, even the jewelers' setup would do great work for me.