Close

Anyone ever make 3D Printed business cards?

Just curous. I've seen some really cool designs. Have any of you guys ever made a business card on a 3D printer? I know they must be quite expensive and time consuming to make, but they are such a unique idea.

Technologist
    I'd be interested in knowing this too

I haven't done it, but I was at a 3D printing expo last year and saw a bunch of these. They can be really cool, but they don't exactly fit in your wallet very well

There are some gear cards on thingiverse:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/search/pa...=gear+card&sa=
    but I guess those are tedious to make in quantity.

3D printed business cards

Well, I just did. This was designed using CATIA (a reminiscence from school). And then I had it made at Sculpteo to test it in high quality resin.

P1000585.jpg

Honestly, not so difficult once you get the hang of it. You can probably setup some templates as well to re-use a maximum of stuff each time.
    I don't think this is very interesting to do repeatedly in a 3Dprint service. You can probably bring the unit price down under a $ if you do it repeatedly and set up batches in your own SLA / DLP printer. Otherwise ...

I guess it would be worthwhile to have a 3d printer that can print with multiple colors. Else what good would it be.

I designed mine in Solidworks and had some printed on an Objet that were pretty nice, shown here in white.
    The orange one was printed on a dimension 1200 and would fall to pieces if the support material was dissolved, so no good.
    PIC_0349.jpg
    I tried printing it on my Form one a couple different ways now but haven't had any luck with it yet.
    It says mythingin3d.be across the bottom but it doesn't show up in the picture.
    They are standard biz card size and the QR code sticks out on both sides, but they're still pretty thin.
    Last edited by My Thing in 3D; 02-20-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    When I get home today, I'm going to make myself one. Will post pictures when it's done.

Engineer
    Here you go. I think this is what you may mean:
    http://mashable.com/2013/02/06/3d-pr...business-card/

Certain memoriable way to identify yourself. Probably won't be thrown in the trash right away either

Larry I like that idea. This is much more useful than a 3D printed business card, that won't fit in your wallet. I think a 3D printed magnet would be a cool idea.