Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    Yup, but it would rotate a different way and only if one were changed and one wasn't if both are changed then it will behave the same.
    ?????? Now I'm really Confused ????? LOL

I think some printers are wired to match the way his motors are made,
    but our printer is wired for a different motor wiring design.
    (Even though they are All Nema-17 motors)

And how to determine where to get the Design to match our printer's wiring, is the Big question now ???
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 10-22-2015 at 12:15 PM.

Well the sellers of this extruder kit, who are in the UK,
    called : 'We Do 3D Printing',
    have not been much help in resolving the problem with their stepper-motors.

Only said they think problem is with the connector wiring being different
    and no more replies about helping with a solution, refund or replacements.

Needless to say I'm very Disappointed in this purchase !
    I just hope they find the problem before selling these useless motors to anyone else.

I got a message from Seller and he said that it's the center 2 wires that are reversed, inside stepper-motors,
    ( AXBAXB instead of AXABXB like ours )

He found that his motors will Not work in Many printer makes, CTC, Wanhao, FF, etc.
    But will work in other makes, like the RepRap.

I think I'll take one apart and see if it can be changed internally.
    Since they are Useless the way they are now, for our printer.

Senior Engineer
    That is really odd. Must be a faulty batch, it has to be. No one would make them like that deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    That is really odd. Must be a faulty batch, it has to be. No one would make them like that deliberately.
    No, they are 2 different designs of motor internal connector wiring.
    Not just a bad batch.
    Why and How it happened would only be guess-work for me !

Student
    Stupid question time.

You did make sure you bought 24v and not 12v.

I have bought lots of stuff for my CTC 3dprinter from We Do 3D Printing with no problems at all. I haven't changed the stepper motors on my printer as the originals worked fine, but I did change the extruder to the ones like in your picture and it made a big improvement over the factory fitted ones.

Well, the way I understand it is that stepper-motors are Not rated at a fixed voltage,
    like 12 or 24 volts,
    but are rated at a voltage Range, like 3 to 25v or 5 to 30v, etc.
    and usually only the minimum voltage rating info is given , like 3 or 5 volts.
    So they should operate on a higher or lower voltage, as long as it's in that Range of voltages.

I've not tried their extruders yet, since the old ones are working great now,
    but I plan to soon.

Thanks for the Info,

Note: I have verified that seller is correct about there being 2 versions of connector wiring in Nema-17 motors
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 10-27-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    Well, the way I understand it is that stepper-motors are Not rated at a fixed voltage,
    like 12 or 24 volts,
    but are rated at a voltage Range, like 3 to 25v or 5 to 30v, etc.
    and usually only the minimum voltage rating info is given , like 3 or 5 volts.
    So they should operate on a higher or lower voltage, as long as it's in that Range of voltages.

I've not tried their extruders yet, since the old ones are working great now,
    but I plan to soon.

Thanks for the Info,

Note: I have verified that seller is correct about there being 2 versions of connector wiring in Nema-17 motors
    I did say "Stupid Question Time" as i don't know much about these things at all. I just know that the CTC printer uses 24v for things wheras some of the others use 12v. Luckily I have not had to change any motors in mine yet I'll have that fun at sometime I suppose though.

I did try to completely rebuild the hot end and extruders with parts from DealExtreme (very cheap chinese same as the printer ) but the distance between the screw holes on the carriage and the metal block were different on the one I bought as it seems the dimentions are not quite the same as the makerbot or flashforge. So i plan on printing a new carriage at some point.

I got one of the stepper-motors to operate normally by reversing the 2 center pin connections,
    inside the motor.
    After removing motor's back cover, I cut the 2 center etch lines on the PC board.
    (Don't loose the bearing spring-washer)
    I then soldered in 2 small insulated wires between etch and connector pins,
    in a X shape.

I have 2 more motors that I plan to do that to,
    when my eyes and nerves have recovered from doing this one ! LOL

Note: To do this you need a very small-tipped soldering-iron and a Magnifier-hood

I now have both these extruders installed in our CTC and they are working Great !

and since I now know how to fix the reversed stepper motors 'I'm All Happy Again' !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12