Close

Flashforge Dreamer - Brand New

Just for the record. I have two of these and one is PERFECT!!!

Ok. I got the printer and I have run through the set up and all seems good. Every time I run a job either on ABS or PLA it just balls up on the end of the print head and I have to stop. I have re-aligned the tray four times and still nothing. I have cleaned the print head of excess plastic and still nothing. I have switched out both PLA and ABS plastic with new rolls and nothing.

What the heck???? The students and I are getting pretty frustrated. Are we missing something? We just set this one up and have yet to run a successful print on it. I bought another cause the first one worked so well. Did I get a lemon???????????????????

I have run the test files too and nothing. I have included a picture of what I get EVERY TIME I run a print job.

Anybody????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mnuser; 10-08-2015 at 01:36 PM.

image1 (1).jpgimage1 (3).jpg

104 views and no posts? Are we alone regarding this issue?????

We have two of them. Set them up exactly the same. Here is a print from the first one we bought. Perfect phone case. The first picture is from the second one we bought after we re-leveled the tray AGAIN this am. Just a blob of melted plastic.

Sounds like one of two things:

Either a blockage in the nozzle in which case strip it and clean it.

OR

Your nozzle is not heating properly. Probably mechanical. Fortunately spare aren't expensives.

Either way it sounds like a nice project.

Thanks for the response. It is a BRAND NEW PRINTER so I would think the nozzle would have not been clogged from the very first print, UNLESS, they sent a refurb as a new model. I have emailed FF and I'm waiting to hear back from them regarding the issue. My guess a replacement would be the best pleasing the consumer option. If not, it will be the LAST FF I buy.

What is the best product to use to clean the print head if clogged???

Bad/dirty filament can clog it too. It may not be FF's fault.

To clean you'll need to heat it to approx 230° so you can screw it out the heater block. If you have only used ABS then cleaning is as simple as soaking the nozzle in acetone with periodic swabbing to clean out the gunk. Let it cool first! With PLA you'll need to keep it hot (with a hot air gun for example) to clean it out. A toothpick is good to pick the gunk out. Remember to grip the heater block with pliers when unscrewing, otherwise it will just spin.

The dreamer is a dual extruder. Test the left hand one and see if it has the same issue.

I have tested both print heads and they do the same.

I set it up with the PLA that was shipped with the unit and it clogged. I then took the filament out and ran it in the other extruder and it did the same. Tried different filament that I ordered and it did the same. I have tried ABS in the right extruder and it did the same. Does not matter what I do the end result is just a mass of filament on the tip of the extruder. Not sure where else to turn. Thanks for the responses!!!!!

Technician
    What temperatures did you try?

are you using anything to help it stick like glue or hairspray .
    when mine came i couldn't get anything to stick with or with out capton tape so i put in a glass bed now a little hairspray and im good .

Nothing to help it stick.

I took the whole thing apart and looked for plugs. Zero.

I'm running another try and this time I changed some of the heating. I'm running PLA and I set the extruder at 210 and the tray at 60. It seems happier. Weird part is these are different settings then the other Dreamer. Actually 10-15 degrees C warmer. We have our fingers crossed. All we want is it to work and just print stuff.

I see 130 7th graders a day and they eat this stuff up. If I had 20 of those things I could keep them printing all day long! I see 500+ seventh graders in a given year!

Thanks for the help!

as i said look into getting glass for the bed you will love it