Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that Thingiverse spams me. What I meant was all of the supposed new 3D files that are actually links to streaming movies or whatever. Example: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:162707
    Ah, yes, I did see one of those,
    I doubt that thingiverse knows they are there, since they have such a large active upload.
    I don't remember seeing a way to report those ??

Senior Engineer
    Wow.I don't thingiverse very often but occasionally browse things. Over half are nothing to do with 3d printing.

I always do a search for a specific thing, like CTC, guide, holder, etc.
    so I guess that's why I've only seen one similar picture, but never a video.

I have downloaded over 1,000 object files already,
    and still getting More every day . LOL

Follow Bobby Lin On Twitter Add Bobby Lin on Facebook Add Bobby Lin on Google+
    I love Thingverse because it lets me browse interesting 3d models and have it printed. Sometimes it also gives me an inspiration of something to design. But I got to agree that with its booming users spams are also increasing. I guess we should be careful in what we're searching and using the sites so that we can avoid these spams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Lin View Post
    I love Thingverse because it lets me browse interesting 3d models and have it printed. Sometimes it also gives me an inspiration of something to design. But I got to agree that with its booming users spams are also increasing. I guess we should be careful in what we're searching and using the sites so that we can avoid these spams.
    You should Convert the mylocal3dprinting website to be more like thingiverse,
    with thousands of free downloads !
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 10-05-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    I always do a search for a specific thing, like CTC, guide, holder, etc.
    so I guess that's why I've only seen one similar picture, but never a video.

I have downloaded over 1,000 object files already,
    and still getting More every day . LOL
    haven't downloaded that much - but yeah, I pretty much am just looking for specific things, so never seen any of the spam posts :-)

did you just call aardvark a queen gee sh man

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    Ah, yes, I did see one of those,
    I doubt that thingiverse knows they are there, since they have such a large active upload.
    I don't remember seeing a way to report those ??
    I'm sure they do delete them, as you only really see them when you search for "newest." But when you do that it's about 5-1 fake vs. real things, which is annoying

Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that Thingiverse spams me. What I meant was all of the supposed new 3D files that are actually links to streaming movies or whatever. Example: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:162707
    That's a first for me there....

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    I always noticed the spam on TV, but the mods usually cleaned it up within a few hours. Just like any spam anywhere, you need active mods on patrol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast