Close

3D Printed Drill Bit Sharpener

Thingiverse member MGX had a simple need. He just wanted to be able to sharpen drill bits with no muss or fuss. Due to a lack of competent designs for exactly what he needed, MGX made a simple design and 3D printed a one piece print that does not require supports and screws right into your Dremel or other rotary tool. Check out more information at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/98215/3d-print-drill-bit-sharpener/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Krassenstein View Post
    Thingiverse member MGX had a simple need. He just wanted to be able to sharpen drill bits with no muss or fuss. Due to a lack of competent designs for exactly what he needed, MGX made a simple design and 3D printed a one piece print that does not require supports and screws right into your Dremel or other rotary tool. Check out more information at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/98215/3d-print-drill-bit-sharpener/
    Part of me wants to say cool idea while another part of me says that no self-respecting engineer would sharpen drills using a gadget. I learnt it the old-school method i.e. standing in front of a bench-grinder and doing it by hand.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    Part of me wants to say cool idea while another part of me says that no self-respecting engineer would sharpen drills using a gadget. I learnt it the old-school method i.e. standing in front of a bench-grinder and doing it by hand.
    Not everyone who owns a drill has the kinesthetic awareness to acquire and then maintain the proper angle while rotating the bit.