Close

Prusa i3 axis [Problem]

hello everybody.
    i have just assembled my first 3d printer prusa i3 and i have some problems in the x,y,z axis
    when i move the x axis manually it can reach the maximum right side but it stops in the middle and can't reach the left side
    and this problem with all axes. when i try moving the extruder manually the stepper motor doesn't move :/ .[*] my board is GT2560. [*] i have 3 end stops. [*] i plugged the end stops in the MIN slots.

is this a problem with configuration of marlin ?
    thanks.

Last edited by hamoda; 09-14-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Did you disable steppers before trying to move them?

Technician
    Add ZorAxe on Thingiverse
    Does the carriage move freely if you push it by hand?

there's a couple of things it could be

• could be that your steps per mm are not set correctly in marlin
    • your endstop configuration might be stopping them / or the endstop wiring

i found a solution when i make auto home option every axis go to its zero position and after that i could move it to any direction
    but another problem that the right z motor sometimes get confused and refuse to move properly and sometimes works fine is that a motor driver problem?

i replaced x motor driver with z motor driver, but x moves normally and z have the same problem ??

looks like you had the software endstops set (you can disable them for testing)

the Z motor sounds like software problem if you swapped the driver over and it's still doing it, you should have your Z axis speed set LOW in marlin (DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE) if it's to fast it can jam the nut in the threads, have you also set the steps per mm for the z axis ?