Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New in 3D Printing , Ultimaker 2 vs FlashForge Creadtor Pro

Hi guys , im new in this forum and i would like to get some recomendations , i want to get a 3D printer , but i just cant decide witch one to chose , i was looking the maker bot but it seams to have alot of issues and bad reviews , then i see the Ultimaker 2 and it is a really good 3 printer , i love the design and like i see it can print in 20microns , it cant print in PLA and ABS , and uses Cura , but it is so expensive , then i see the FlashForge creator Pro and it seams to be little more cheap , but it uses other type of software , and the part that i like about the flashforge is that it can print in 2 colors , im new in 3D printers , this will be my firts one , i have never use one and i dont know if it will be hard to fix it if it broke , i would like to know a 3D printer that dont not have so many issues , good support

tanks !

Hi,
    A few questions :
    1/ Where do you live ? depending on your country some printers come cheaper than others. I live in France and the import from the US can be quite steep.
    2/ Whatever do you need 20microns for ? If your printer is well dialed in 0,1mm layers are already quite good. Also, 20microns layer take 5 TIMES longer to print. Basically : FOREVER.

If you're afraid of the maintenance / repairs: try and see if you can download the install instructions and some troubleshooting manual. I know there is one at Printrbot, I 'm sure there's one at lulzbot : should teach you a lot already and you'll know what to expect. They are also quite well done, so they can give you an idea of the standard you should expect / aim for. Printrbot has an "exploded view " of their printers : look at it, it will give you an idea of how most printers are made.

If you are afraid to step in, go to 3D hubs and buy a small item made by someone who owns a printer like the one you intend to buy : that way you'll know what the output looks like.

Hi!

1/ i live in Mexico , but i have a address in Texas , so that will not be a problem
    2/ yes that is what i see in some videos

let me check 3D hubs!

Tanks alot!

I am new to this... and wanted to get into it to test it... Being cost conscious, I went with a clone of a clone... and it has been working great.

Here is the thread on it. Started by another fellow forum member that also got the same printer. I added my comments to the thread.

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...icator-2-clone

Forgot to add... what I got is a copy of the Creator Pro but running the previous control board. It was US$649.00 shipped to my house.

But you should know, based on my limited experience with my printer and reading/researching forums, youtube, etc., (1) there is some assembly required. (2) you have to level the print plate (unless you buy a printer that has this automated $$), (3) You should know your printer ins and outs as much as you can... (4) Just like any tool, you will need to maintain it so that it continues to work properly...

Engineer
    The ultimaker 2 print in ABS, not sure if you mistype or misunderstood.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    like i see it can print in 20microns
    That is completely irrelevant - You will NEVER print at that resolution. Even a small item would take all day.

The highest resolution you are likely to print at regularly would be 100 microns 0.1 mm

Also things to look at are build volume and does it have a heated bed.
    If itnhas aheated bed then it will potentially print all the filaments that are out there.

Engineer
    Noise also might become an issue if you are concern about it. In that case, the ultimaker 2 have an edge on it, unless you plan to update the stepper driver later.

Hi Victoroy, this is Sammi from Bibo 3D printer. I looked through your messages on this part. I realize our printer can satisfy your requirement. Our printer is based on the ultimaker. Our printer can be compatible with Repetier-Host, Cura, Simplify3D, also makerware. Our printer can also print 2 colors. I can say our printer is similar as ultimaker, and be much better than flashforge. I know if I say so, you don't believe what I say. But you can see our videos on youtube.
    I know everyone hate the ads, but if there is no ads, you can't know our bibo 3D printer. Thus, you can choose more printer. It's also good for customers, more choices.
    PS: my email: sc@ourbibo.com. Welcome to contact me, thanks

I think the first question you need to ask yourself is what is your main purpose to use 3D printer. If your work tends to require more than 1 color or need soluble support materials, then you should choose Flashforge Creator Pro 3D printer or other dual-extruder 3D printer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast