Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ABL issue - long time away

Good afternoon folks.. Just FYI, i was a busy member on this forum for a long time.. I havent done much printing lately, but now i need to

something strange happened earlier, where my ABL plunger now is about 7 degrees offset so the corner of the plunger hits instead of the trigger, then just plows in to the glass of course.

I know i need to change someone in the configuration.h i presume? problem is, i havent done it in a year.
    Can i read from the configuration.h and just append to it? which value am I changing? it was set to 93 in my macro test, now its 85 (thats the one that works)
    the macro code line is
    M280 P0 S85

I just dont know how, or where to change it.
    I dont have a configuration.h anywhere handy that I know was the one i used, so i would lose all my settings if i just took a new random one.

thoughts? help? kind of desperate here

It is at the very end of the Configuration.h file. You are looking for these lines:

Code:
    #define SERVO_ENDSTOPS {-1, -1, 0} // Servo index for X, Y, Z. Disable with -1
    #define SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES {0,0, 0,0, 160, 0} // X,Y,Z Axis Extend and Retract angles

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It is at the very end of the Configuration.h file. You are looking for these lines:

Code:
    #define SERVO_ENDSTOPS {-1, -1, 0} // Servo index for X, Y, Z. Disable with -1
    #define SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES {0,0, 0,0, 160, 0} // X,Y,Z Axis Extend and Retract angles
    Roxy, first off, thank you....
    How can i get to it? Can i get to the live, running config via usb? do I need a config.h file somewhere to upload? if so, then any config.h file i have may not be the right one... im paranoid of overwriting all my stuff haha
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    Roxy, first off, thank you....
    How can i get to it? Can i get to the live, running config via usb? do I need a config.h file somewhere to upload? if so, then any config.h file i have may not be the right one... im paranoid of overwriting all my stuff haha
    thanks
    Well... Always keep a safe copy of your stuff in another directory! Never modify the only copy of your stuff!

But .h files and .cpp files are source code. They need to be compiled (and uploaded) to your board as firmware. So.... Make a copy of your source so you are not modifying the original. Make changes to the angles for the Z Probe. (The last 2 numbers in that line). Pull the project into Arduino and compile it. If it compiles clean, upload it to your board. Reset your board and see if the servo angles are correct. If not... Go back and modify the angles in the last 2 numbers in that line and repeat...

Rather than changing your numbers that were known to work...shouldnt you be checking as to why it is no longer working correctly? Firmware doesnt change because it sits over night or a period of time...something else is causing the arm not to fully extend all of a sudden...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    Rather than changing your numbers that were known to work...shouldnt you be checking as to why it is no longer working correctly? Firmware doesnt change because it sits over night or a period of time...something else is causing the arm not to fully extend all of a sudden...
    so after i had to pull it apart to get a jam out, i didnt put it back on the servo exactly right, so it was probably off 2-3 degrees from where it should be, but it was still engaging the plunger first.. so since they its gotten off a couple more degrees... you are right though. why did it happen.

However, ive tested macro 2 and 3, which is the back and forth movement for the servo and its repeatable now over 50 + tests, so i would like to change it.

thanks

The reason i chimed in is because I too am having the same issue... All of a sudden my servo is a few degrees off about 60% of the times.. It never used to to do that.. I'm thinking it has something to do with the servo power input... I'm using the 5v rail from the rambo board.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    The reason i chimed in is because I too am having the same issue... All of a sudden my servo is a few degrees off about 60% of the times.. It never used to to do that.. I'm thinking it has something to do with the servo power input... I'm using the 5v rail from the rambo board.
    i think MAYBE my issue was initially i had to file off a bunch of plastic to get it to slide past a screw in the hot end holder etc.. im thinkingover time it may have worn that piece down more and allowed it to slide past it clean... so the firmware may have been wrong all along, but it stopped because of a piece of plastic.
    either way, i do think i need to edit it.
    so, can i edit it on the fly? how can i read the eeprom and pull a copy off, because im 99.9% sure i do not know what file i uploaded to it 8 months ago. (bad file naming out of me).

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    ...so, can i edit it on the fly? how can i read the eeprom and pull a copy off
    What is on the printer now is a machine-code hex file. With Marlin, there unfortunately is no way to read it back and recover the source code (including the configuration files) used to generate that upload file. You could however recreate many of the setting values based on what you can view through the LCD panel, but you'll have to figure out the mapping between LCD values and configuration.h file settings.

The rest of the source code is likely best grabbed from the beckdac fork mentioned in here - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post13933

crap... i remember someone sent me the firmware too, because they had the ABL built in to it as well....im better off taking it apart and adjusting it on the servo lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast