Close

New Dreamer owner. Suggestions?

Hello All,

Although I have wanted a 3d printer for quite awhile, I have held off until I felt pretty confident about the technology and I settled on a model I thought was a good value to performance. So, I will be receiving my Dreamer tomorrow and wanted to get a few pointers. So, opinions on;

- Best software for printing and designing

- Any printing material that I should avoid? (really interested in the carbon fiber and translucent filament out there)

- Any "hacks" or tweaks I should consider right out of the box? (as opposed to researching them if I hit a snag)

Thanks!

I am very new to 3D printing myself , but so far I've found Simplify 3D to be the best slicer I've used so far , as for 3d design I've been using 123D Design
    I have had lots of problems with ABS warping and pulling up in the corners so its not my favoured print material , but found PLA great and had success with Ninjaflex
    Hope that helps a bit

Thanks for the info. My first print test print came out ok using all the stock stuff but I will look at those that you recommended.

On a side note, my printer arrived damaged, purchased via Amazon. I already emailed Tang and he responded saying he would send me another fan but he hasn't answered my inquiry about it being used and why there is material on the air duct.
    Attached Images Attached Images