Close

Exclamation Help X- axis motor not responding

Long story short. I left school for the summer and gave permission for an outside teacher to use them during the summer camp. I get an email that the 1st week went fine but after the first week it started printing "Nests". I came in and took the dual extruder off and cleaned the nozzles, changed the Kapton tape and did a general cleaning.

Then test print. I noticed something strange and did not quite get what was going on until after a few "failed prints". In RepG i went to the Jog motors section and tested each axis and noticed that X was not moving. I can gently move it along but I think it is not moving during print.
    I can reset and the Jog motor will work. It will even move during the warming up process prior to print. The last time it moved to print the raft but screwed up right after. I will check the bed again but very frustrating because I am not sure what they might have done with students.

Help with diagnosis and solution please. Trying to get it back going before my students come back.

dirk

What kind of printer do you have? I'd also check for overheating of the X axis stepper (although if it's happening that early in the print, it's probably unlikely).