Close

Page 252 of 411 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 4110
    LOL.

Those vids have been up for a while and taking a pro active stance is not just before the sale but is more importantly after the sale.

Now I have found an even worse company than Qidi for support and that is Tevo. They are out of China as well and just stay away from them and their crap. If it has missing parts they will tell you to go buy some. If the filament they give you is broken beyond repair they will say that was a gift so go buy some. The MDS Base not working? Mail it to us for 35-40 dollars then we will repair or replace and it only costs 35-40 new.

Absolutely horrid company on every printer they make and makes Qidi look like saints in comparison.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Max speed changes are 7. Max acceleration for X and Y are 300mm/s^2. None of this matters when it comes to my problem. I am talking about intermittent loss of "acceleration feature" in the middle of a print... I could set my travel speed to 200mm/s and it shouldn't matter with my acceleration value of 300mm/s^2.
    #1. (Regarding quoted comment) In the meantime I am reducing my feed rate and travel speed so that I can at least keep printing... It is OBVIOUS that acceleration/deceleration is broken for me. The printer is definitely not decelerating to a stop after a travel move... and I am thus far only experiencing it with Cura. I would like to keep using Cura as it has been working better than Craftware, Slic3r, and MakerWare.

#2. My second issue is apparent under extrusion just before a corner (noticeable as gaps between layers), but then over extruded corners that are lacking definition and are splayed out. Has anyone adjusted their JKN Advance K and Advance K2 values to change nozzle de-/pressurization during deceleration and acceleration? I know the firmware ships with Replicator 1 Dual defaults K=.05 and K2=.0055, but I am thinking our Qidi Tech printers might need these values tuned. What is everyone's tuned K and K2?

#3. Lastly, (potentially related to #2) I notice weakly extruded perimeters for internal features, such as holes, on all my prints. Its almost as if there is not enough pressure in the nozzle hot end to start the feature, so there is always an under extruded portion for every internal feature's perimeter. This usually happens right after a travel move....

Engineer
    #1. (Regarding quoted comment) In the meantime I am reducing my feed rate and travel speed so that I can at least keep printing... It is OBVIOUS that acceleration/deceleration is broken for me. The printer is definitely not decelerating to a stop after a travel move... and I am thus far only experiencing it with Cura. I would like to keep using Cura as it has been working better than Craftware, Slic3r, and MakerWare
    Any experience with Simplify3D?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Any experience with Simplify3D?
    No, I am exhausting every other slicer before I commit to S3D. Its been a learning experience for me, and I am glad I am doing it this way and not using S3D from the beginning. I can get some pretty stunning prints on free slicers...

I want to understand why acceleration is broken, and not spend $150 to see whether or not it was the slicer. Thanks

Technician
    Hey all, here is a video demonstration of my problem:

Using Cura 2.1.2 to slice this with conservative settings. Printing this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1021449/#files

Gcode for item being printed is here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...57742732992991

Let me know your thoughts please. I am using GPX to convert my file with these settings: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...40244140018794 (this is the gpx.ini file)

I didn't attach pictures, but the final result was a horrible quality print that skipped steps significantly in the Y direction. I terminated the print at that time.

I can say mine never did that and I had it set at the 2000 acceleration for quality settings I think it said.

Technician
    Did a TON of troubleshooting tonight: I have confirmed that it is not the slicer (Cura 2.1.2 in this case), nor the conversion program (GPX and ReplicatorG in this case) that is causing this issue. I have also scoured the gcode line by line, and even though there are heated bed and nozzle temp code issues, they are ultimately not what is causing this problem. The problem is isolated to the printer, or more specifically the firmware/controller board. Why worry all along...

EDIT: It is possible that the firmware simply has issues with Cura 2.1.2 generated Gcode... and that it cannot apply acceleration settings properly. I tried printing with horrible Makerware and it did not shudder or jitter (though it has in the past with Slic3r and Craftware). Not sure what to make of this... perhaps Sailfish 7.8 as provided by qidi tech is a build off some old (pre 7.5) version of Sailfish that cannot understand new Slicer code??

I so badly want to flash official Sailfish 7.7, but Emily from Qidi told me it could not be done. I have shared my issues with them and hope they will reveal how I can change the firmware.
    Last edited by caall99; 07-26-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Did a TON of troubleshooting tonight: I have confirmed that it is not the slicer (Cura 2.1.2 in this case), nor the conversion program (GPX and ReplicatorG in this case) that is causing this issue. I have also scoured the gcode line by line, and even though there are heated bed and nozzle temp code issues, they are ultimately not what is causing this problem. The problem is isolated to the printer, or more specifically the firmware/controller board. Why worry all along...

EDIT: It is possible that the firmware simply has issues with Cura 2.1.2 generated Gcode... and that it cannot apply acceleration settings properly. I tried printing with horrible Makerware and it did not shudder or jitter (though it has in the past with Slic3r and Craftware). Not sure what to make of this... perhaps Sailfish 7.8 as provided by qidi tech is a build off some old (pre 7.5) version of Sailfish that cannot understand new Slicer code??

I so badly want to flash official Sailfish 7.7, but Emily from Qidi told me it could not be done. I have shared my issues with them and hope they will reveal how I can change the firmware.
    Glad Qidi is finally admitting that you will brick your machine if you try (not in as many words but something bad will happen if not done using black voodoo magic).

What I really do not get is what in the fook these companies are doing (like Wanhao above, etc...) that makes it where the original, and REAL, firmware no longer works. You would think these bastages would embrace people modding their machines and upgrading their firmware etc... but they do not. What you buy is what you get.

Engineer
    Hey all, here is a video demonstration of my problem:

Using Cura 2.1.2 to slice this with conservative settings. Printing this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1021449/#files
    I tried printing the Thingiverse object with S3D. S3D has a lot of insulation between the operator and the printhead. I did not see the cogging behavior displayed in your video. Those places in the print sequence where your video shows the system loosing it, are handled differently in S3D. That final pass in the circumference print loop, rather than being the stepper crash symphony in your video, is a lower speed jaggies fill pass between the outer and inner shell passes. Ex: Around once CW, back around CCW, then the slower CW jaggies fill pass, then repeat.

I tried increasing the print speed dramatically (3X), and discovered there was a cooling option that was over-riding the print speeds. Disabling that cooling option did permit the speeds to increase as requested, eventually to the point that gaps began appearing in the print, but still did not cause the stepper to cog as shown in your video.

Technician
    Yes, it is the fill pass during which the tool head spazzes out. Did you try running the gcode file that i attached on your Qidi? Feel free to manually edit the temperatures to meet the rquirements of your filament. I would love to know whether or not my gcode, converted to x3g, causes a similar behavior for you.

Page 252 of 411 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast