Close

Page 198 of 411 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 4110
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    CAD question.
    Do you guys do your designing in mm or inches? Does it really matter? Is one better or more adaptable than the other? Just wondering while I was setting up Fusion 360.
    It's really personal pref.

I design in MM as that is native for both the machine and S3D.

Actually I design in meters, because I use Blender...and for some reason when Blender exports to .stl it converts 1m to 1mm. At first I hated it, but very quickly grew to love it. I can work on TINY stuff, without the usual mucking about with the camera and zoom.

Super Moderator
    I have created a Facebook group called QIDI 3D. It is a closed group for fans of these printers and 3D printing to discuss and share.
    Feel free to join and get content and discussions started!
    Last edited by wirlybird; 06-25-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Engineer
    Does anyone with a QIDI have speed control over their blower fan's RPMs? I seem to get full speed no matter what I request. Is this SW, the QIDI controller HW or FW, or the fan?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Does anyone with a QIDI have speed control over their blower fan's RPMs? I seem to get full speed no matter what I request. Is this SW, the QIDI controller HW or FW, or the fan?
    This is something I really hated coming from a Marlin setup because you can't control the fan speed outside of an actual print job and the control panel is worthless as it is off or on and never by how fast.

My fan did change speeds because I could hear its pitch change as the layers went up (I had it get progressively faster at 40%, 60%, 80% depending on the layer and bridges was at 100% but I never printed a long bridge with it to know if that changed or not. Oh, and I had blip checked).

Do this test on a print job: Fan speed 10% layer 2 then layer 3 100% and see if the pitch changes.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    CAD question.
    Do you guys do your designing in mm or inches? Does it really matter? Is one better or more adaptable than the other? Just wondering while I was setting up Fusion 360.
    I use mm in Lightwave 3D. I've mainly been modeling parts that have to fit together, and it helps to work out tolerances in the machine's native unit. It can be tricky at times, regardless. Sometimes a part will behave differently if you print it upside down, because whatever's on the bottom will flatten out. And of course, putting something on a different axis can affect how it fits. I try to get all of the bits that go together on the same axis whenever possible.

So I've been suddenly getting a lot of clogged nozzles. Took apart and cleaned. Printed one part, clogged again. I think it's the PLA.

But I'm wondering, has anyone tried the Twinclad XT nozzles that are $15/ea? Do they cut down on issues at all if you happen to have less-than-stellar filament?

Also, I have a newer Qidi (10mm Z rods), would this be an MK10 Extruder? Is there any way to tell without disassembly and measuring the nozzle thread? I've seen both MK8/10 mentioned in this thread and Qidi sells nozzles for both - so I assume they switched at some point.

I think it's an MK10 based on the PTFE inner going deep into the nozzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylek29 View Post
    So I've been suddenly getting a lot of clogged nozzles. Took apart and cleaned. Printed one part, clogged again. I think it's the PLA.

But I'm wondering, has anyone tried the Twinclad XT nozzles that are $15/ea? Do they cut down on issues at all if you happen to have less-than-stellar filament?

Also, I have a newer Qidi (10mm Z rods), would this be an MK10 Extruder? Is there any way to tell without disassembly and measuring the nozzle thread? I've seen both MK8/10 mentioned in this thread and Qidi sells nozzles for both - so I assume they switched at some point.

I think it's an MK10 based on the PTFE inner going deep into the nozzle.
    MK10 and Wanhao used to be MK8 then went to MK10 as well. Qidi goes back a couple of years and originally they were MK8.

Hello guys,

I'm having a problem with the printer, it seems the stepped motor cable for the X Axis is not working anymore, and I have to substitute that.

To do that, I have to remove some nuts. Point is, 5mm hex keys do not fit (the nut is bigger), and 6mm hex keys is tto wide.

Does any of you know the size of these nuts? Are the fraction-of-inches nuts?

That you in advance!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    It's really personal pref.

I design in MM as that is native for both the machine and S3D.

Actually I design in meters, because I use Blender...and for some reason when Blender exports to .stl it converts 1m to 1mm. At first I hated it, but very quickly grew to love it. I can work on TINY stuff, without the usual mucking about with the camera and zoom.
    Thanks, good point and that is what I was wondering.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    I use mm in Lightwave 3D. I've mainly been modeling parts that have to fit together, and it helps to work out tolerances in the machine's native unit. It can be tricky at times, regardless. Sometimes a part will behave differently if you print it upside down, because whatever's on the bottom will flatten out. And of course, putting something on a different axis can affect how it fits. I try to get all of the bits that go together on the same axis whenever possible.
    Good thought. Thanks.

Page 198 of 411 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298 ... LastLast