Close

Page 98 of 411 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Does anyone actually know what the PTFE tubes from Qidi are actually rated for temp wise??
    Got a guy I used to buy robotics parts from says he has PTFE tubing that's rated for 800°F and same size (at least O.D. is) as what I got in printer.

Also...how many print hours yall think the stock brass nozzles could handle running sandstone filament? Have talk to those using stainless plated nozzles saying they can only run about 800-1000 hours of that stuff for nozzles need changed out.

Carbon fiber, for instance, isn't even a full run before there is damage to the nozzle under a magnifier (saw this on youtube). As far as that PTFE being able to get to that temp is that its max or when it starts to deform? The sole reason we have all metal hotends is because the ptfe tube begins to deform at 250c.

Anyone know about how long it takes them to get back to you on offers?

Hey Guys,

Anyone got Octoprint working with QIDI TECH I printer? I've sort of got it working with Raspberry Pi 3. I can get the temperature details and bring the X, Y and Z to Home Axis etc. However the state information is not showing anything, just showing "operational".

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Also...how many print hours yall think the stock brass nozzles could handle running sandstone filament? Have talk to those using stainless plated nozzles saying they can only run about 800-1000 hours of that stuff for nozzles need changed out.
    I'm on the list to try out some of these Dura-Gem nozzles for printing Tungsten filament. Tungsten is nasty on the nozzle much like the carbon fiber filament.
    http://www.dura-gem.com/

Here is a test report they did printing Tungsten filament:
    http://www.3dprintingforum.us/viewto...0&p=2312#p2312

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Carbon fiber, for instance, isn't even a full run before there is damage to the nozzle under a magnifier (saw this on youtube). As far as that PTFE being able to get to that temp is that its max or when it starts to deform? The sole reason we have all metal hotends is because the ptfe tube begins to deform at 250c.

Anyone know about how long it takes them to get back to you on offers?
    He said that was its max operating temp, he also said the plastic is black. Not sure if its same stuff or even usable in the machine....just know its PTFE that can get really hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    He said that was its max operating temp, he also said the plastic is black. Not sure if its same stuff or even usable in the machine....just know its PTFE that can get really hot.
    It doesn't sound like anything special over current PTFE we use in our hotends but 400f is the normal max temp. Maybe it is mixed with something but if its max rises so would its min before deformation starts.

I would love to know more about this the more I am thinking about it because I know Reifsnyder (the original, and real, J-Head manufacturer/designer) was playing with some really esoteric materials and something like this would have made his day, and ours, if it could go to 280c before deformation.

Technologist
    Just made an ebay offer for a Qidi for work.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    Just made an ebay offer for a Qidi for work.
    I wonder how long it takes for them to get back to us (not counting the HUGE time difference of course)?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I wonder how long it takes for them to get back to us (not counting the HUGE time difference of course)?
    When I ordered mine for home I made the offer at 11:30am on Sunday and they agreed to it at 5:10pm the same day. I then received it on Wednesday, which I was really impressed by 3 day delivery from China.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    When I ordered mine for home I made the offer at 11:30am on Sunday and they agreed to it at 5:10pm the same day. I then received it on Wednesday, which I was really impressed by 3 day delivery from China.
    Well, no word from them yet but it has only been less than 8 hours.

I am all that impressed because I have found a ton of drop shippers now because the one complaint from buyers on eBay, and AliExpress, etc... was the horrible wait times so a lot of the really small stuff I have purchased trying to get my printer to work was shipped from within the USA. China realized the US sellers were taking back their customers thanks to the faster shipping, and arrival, times. So, they have set up various US drop shippers now.

If they actually are shipping from China and it arrives that fast then I am impressed.

Page 98 of 411 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast