Close

Page 8 of 411 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    I have one of these printers and have been trying to figure out how to get the cooling fan to work. I am using the Makerbot desktop software and have the cooling fan option turned on in the Qidi on board printer settings but cant seem to get it work. I dont see any options in the Makerbot software so not sure if its supported for this machine. Has anyone got the cooling fan to work?

TIA!

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    I don't have the cooling fan but hope to in a couple weeks.
    Which version of the Qidi Tech did you get? Did it come with a cooling fan on the side of the left extruder?
    If you do have the cooling fan can you tell if it runs at all?
    Sorry about of the questions just trying to figure out how they wired the cooling fan.

I just received my printer last week. So Im assuming its the newest version out. It came with the cooling fan on the left of the extruder head when I got it. I would have to direct wire power to the fan to verify operation as there is no way of me doing anything via the control panel on the printer or through the software Im using. Ill see if I can find a plug that fits the fan and power it direct to verify it works. Ill report back.

*edit* I can say that the cooling fan is operational. Now I just need to figure out how to control it from my software as I have it enabled in the on board menu of the printer. Maybe I need a different software. Anyone know what will work with this printer and also allow for fan control?
    Last edited by HiloDB1; 12-25-2015 at 09:14 PM.

I use Simpify3D and I know it will control a cooling fan by layer height but I don't have a cooling fan yet to try it yet.
    When I asked Qidi Tech about it they said a cooling fan would work with my previous generation printers firm ware and mainboard.
    The connection for a cooling fan on my mainboard was missing I've now added it just waiting for the fan to try it. Your board is suppose to be a newer generation and should look different.

MB.jpg

Hey guys, I just got my Qiditech this christmas and cant wait to use it. I do graphic design and illustration for a living but this is my first venture into 3d modeling/printing. Ive been doing alot of research before I even opened the thing lol. I just got it assembled and loaded with filiment when i noticed (waht looks like) small pieces of filament already preloaded into the extruder. is this correct? I firgured it was a priming method but I am not sure because there is nothing in the manual about it or online. Did yours come like this? Let me know thanks!

My Qidi printer came with short pieces of filament in the extruder head. I just removed them and installed the new filament that came with the printer. In the menu there is a section for loading/unloading filament.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    I'm all windows 10 so did my first print with RepG and also tried MakerWare but quickly made the switch to Simplify3D and did't look back. BTW Simplify3D works with Macs.
    Just finished adding a glass build plate so will see how that works. Some of my first builds where Filament guides and filament spool adapters. Which helped prevent filament tangles.
    I was looking at the Astrobox site last night and was thinking about building one. So I would definitely be interested in your Astrobox experience.
    Have any pics and info on how you did your glass build plate? Im interested in going to a glass build plate as well. Going to be making the move over to S3D soon as it looks like a solid software.

I removed the blue pad from the build plate and then cleaned the glue off. You will need a glass plate 1/4" thick 9"x6"from http://www.mcmaster.com/#8476k74/=10gpi80. A build plate shim https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:501020. Corner Glass Clips https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:613685. Longer screws and wingnuts to hold the the Corner Clips. I also made theses for all 5 thumbscrews https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:604579. Best picture I have at the moment.
    IMAG0373.jpg

I just got my QidiTech printer and purchased Simplify3D but it's not working well at all so far. The main issue I have is when choosing the Flashforge Creator Pro print profile is when warming up the extruders and bed it hangs out to the front right whereas in the ReplicatorG software that came with it always moved it to the far left. After it warms up it starts spewing filament off of the right edge.

I also tried using the Markerbot profile but the new filament cooler fan smacks into the left side of the machine when it's homing right before it preheats. It sounds pretty terrible and I'm sure it'll damage the gears over time if I don't address it. I was curious if anyone else has seen this or not? I've tried several different print profiles, most of which just spew filament outside of the build plate while others smack the side of the case. I'm guessing it's in the options under one of the offsets but I'm nervous to play around with that too much.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Geesh; 12-31-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Ok so I played around with it a bit more. Looks like using the Flashforge Creator Pro print profile, it thinks the bed is larger than it is. Here's the bed leveling wizard trying to line up the right side vs the left side. The left side seems fine, right however is a totally different story.

Also, when printing, after it cleans the tip, it lays down a stringy mess that doesnt adhere to the bed. Same temp and settings that I used in the ReplicatorG software which worked perfectly. PLA at 205º and bed temp at 60º. I used the glue stick method that I always use as well, no dice.

offset1.jpgoffset2.jpg
    Last edited by Geesh; 12-31-2015 at 03:15 PM.

Page 8 of 411 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast