Close

Page 66 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I get this too...its same 4 tone alarm as when the print starts. I have also noticed when it plays this alarm the % done resets for a second and the heat reading on active nozzle will show N/220 for a second as well.
    No clue what it means though.
    I'm going to watch mine and see if it behaves the same way, and if it does, I'm going to email their support and get an answer.

Engineer-in-Training
    What yall run for bed temp on PLA?

Got my right side going again, decided to start something I found on thingiverse. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:81034 Gonna print it for my dad for his b-day, he loves Dr Who.

Printing the bottom part right now. Been running 70c bed and 195c nozzle temp. The print is still going ok, but the back 2 corners are pulled up, and seem like they shrunk up more than pulled up.
    Any suggestions?

Technician

Got my right side going again, decided to start something I found on thingiverse. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:81034 Gonna print it for my dad for his b-day, he loves Dr Who.

Printing the bottom part right now. Been running 70c bed and 195c nozzle temp. The print is still going ok, but the back 2 corners are pulled up, and seem like they shrunk up more than pulled up.
    Any suggestions?
    I thought somewhere around 40-50C was recommended for PLA. I've been running mine at 50C.

Student

Any suggestions?
    This is how I have been running my PLA without any issues on a glass build plate

PLA (Orange / Gray)
    Extruder: Used: 195c
    (I have tried hotter than this but then I get strings of filament)

Bed: Used: 80/75/70/65/60
    (I start the bed at 80 and drop by 5 degrees each level - I havent seen any curl on the corners)

Engineer-in-Training
    Tried the same print with bed temp of 55c, had to stop it before first layer was done, wasn't sticking.
    Same print for the 3rd time starting bed temp of 70c and then dropping to 58c on layer 3, worked out just fine.

Think I'm gonna try upping my nozzle heat in 2deg increments for PLA. Seems like I could get a bit more viscosity out of this material yet.

Engineer-in-Training
    Pinup Rodeo!!

Some minor issues with the print, but was not using settings proper for an art piece like this. Printed at .2 layer height and 3 shell layers. Considering how far off I was from settings I should have been using I think it came out rather well.
    Still thinking I could come up a bit on nozzle heat for PLA.

Technician
    Would you mind posting some pictures once you're done? I want to understand it all before I start printing and installing.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I did the same thing, had to print more. I'm using 16 links.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    Would you mind posting some pictures once you're done? I want to understand it all before I start printing and installing.
    This is what mine looks like:
    55d8315350dbb41912a881f21a401fa4_preview_featured.jpg

20160322_222014.jpg

Somebody previously asked if you disconnect the wires from the stepper/endstop or from the motherboard to feed them through the chain. You have to disconnect them from the stepper/endstop. The stepper connector on the motherboard side will not fit through the chain.

You could probably get away with a couple less links but I wanted to maintain a nice big arc so I went with 16. I've seen some people attach the bottom end up higher but I just attached it to an existing hole near the bottom of the chamber.

Engineer-in-Training
    I only printed 2 parts other than the chain, I'm using 15 chain links.

First part is chaindrivemount, it mounts on the back of the motor.

Then you need the mount. I used the 'cablemount' part, but now that I look at the bits I'm thinking 'chainstart' is the better part for the Qidi. It mounts to a cable hold screw.

Theres mine together, working like a champ

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    I had my whole machine apart yesterday. I modified the control board so I can add the RGB Led light strip. I don't have an RGB Led light strip yet but the control board is ready for it.

I also replaced the small noisy fan on the bottom with a large quiet 120mm... it doesn't fit so I kludged it in temporarily, currently I can't put the bottom plate back on, I'll remedy that once I get a thinner fan. Now I can't even hear the machine when it is idling. Once it gets running I can still hear the power supply fan and the extruder fans but it is much better getting rid of that small junk fan they put on there.

While I had the bottom off I organized the wires to allow better airflow around the stepper drivers.

I should receive my Maghold plate on Thursday and I've almost ordered the 12mm rods... just waiting for the price on amazon to drop below $10 each. A couple days ago they were $13, yesterday $16 and today $12. camelcamelcamel.com shows they can get down to around $6.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention, it still prints after taking everything apart and putting it back together!
    Last edited by KludgeGuru; 03-23-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Page 66 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast