Close

Page 59 of 411 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
    Technician
    No, I'll look for some on Amazon. What do I need to know about it?

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Have you tried PETG?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    I like Esun and get it from Amazon strength and heat properties of ABS. Prints a lot like PLA only at a higher temp.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I originally had that problem and found that I had to change this line of code in each of the scripts:

Code:
    G1 X-110 Y-75 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
    It used to be X-130, changing it to X-110 solved the problem of the head hitting the far left side. If yours is still doing that reduce it to maybe X-105 and try again.
    That line is already in these scripts, so I guess I'll try 105. What is the purpose of sending the print head all over the place before starting a print anyway?

Technician
    I spent an hour tearing this thing apart to fix the jammed up filament, and now it's jammed again. Every time I try to do a print, when it gets to about the 5th layer, the filament stops coming out of the nozzle. You can see it going in about 1/4 inch, then the clicking starts, then it goes backwards about 1/4 of an inch, and starts clicking. It keeps doing this over and over all the while nothing is coming out of the nozzle. Any idea what the deal is?

Edit: Okay, I can see that the way this thing is printing is what's causing these problems. I don't even understand why this thing is deciding to print this part the way it is. It gets to a point where it just sits there for about 2 or 3 seconds, then the bed drops down, and it continues. Each time it gets to that spot it does this again. Also as it's doing this, the filament is going in and out. I don't understand why it is generating gcode like this.

Another problem I'm having is for some reason every print I generate in Simplify3D won't heat the print bed up past 25C, even though I have it set to 50 on the temperature tab.
    Last edited by dspdrew; 03-18-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    I spent an hour tearing this thing apart to fix the jammed up filament, and now it's jammed again. Every time I try to do a print, when it gets to about the 5th layer, the filament stops coming out of the nozzle. You can see it going in about 1/4 inch, then the clicking starts, then it goes backwards about 1/4 of an inch, and starts clicking. It keeps doing this over and over all the while nothing is coming out of the nozzle. Any idea what the deal is?

Edit: Okay, I can see that the way this thing is printing is what's causing these problems. I don't even understand why this thing is deciding to print this part the way it is. It gets to a point where it just sits there for about 2 or 3 seconds, then the bed drops down, and it continues. Each time it gets to that spot it does this again. Also as it's doing this, the filament is going in and out. I don't understand why it is generating gcode like this.

Another problem I'm having is for some reason every print I generate in Simplify3D won't heat the print bed up past 25C, even though I have it set to 50 on the temperature tab.
    Would need more info about what type of filament, extruder temps and settings to help with the clogs.
    Try the preheat menu on the front panel to see if your build plate is getting up to max temp.

Technician
    Would need more info about what type of filament, extruder temps and settings to help with the clogs.
    Try the preheat menu on the front panel to see if your build plate is getting up to max temp.
    Filament is PLA, and extruder temp is 220C. I think my real problem right now, is just this part I'm trying to print. Simplify3D is doing something really strange. I don't get why it is stopping and jumping all around the part when the design doesn't seem to have any reason for it. I told it to fill it 100% since there isn't anything thicker than about 1.5 mm anywhere on the part, and it's making infill patterns. It really seems like most of what I configure Simplify3D to do, it ignores and does what it wants. It prints the sample files just fine. I think I'm just going to try ReplicatorG.

I use S3D and it doesn't deviate from the settings I set in it.
    There's something else going on.
    Depending on the brand of PLA your using 220C is a little high. I print PLA at 200-210C.
    Is there a way I could get a copy of your model to try?

Remove the aluminum bed completely from the machine by unscrewing the leveling screws and springs.
    Then remove the blue pad. It will take a little effort but make sure it's perfectly clean and smooth.
    You can now put the aluminum build plate back on using the same leveling screws and springs.
    On the corners of the build plate that your glass mounts attach to find/buy longer M3 screws to replace the originals.
    Put the new screws in both corners and tighten the original nuts up under the aluminum plate.
    Then slip your corner brackets on.
    I use an M3 washer and wingnut under the corner brackets to make the brackets adjustable.
    Thank you! I knew I was missing something...Time to make a trip to Home Depot!

Technician
    I use S3D and it doesn't deviate from the settings I set in it.
    There's something else going on.
    Depending on the brand of PLA your using 220C is a little high. I print PLA at 200-210C.
    Is there a way I could get a copy of your model to try?
    Sure.

http://www.gyg.cc/cad/liquid_feeder_...01_1.1_cap.STL

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Vansmak View Post
    Thank you! I knew I was missing something...Time to make a trip to Home Depot!
    Good luck finding metric screws at Home Depot haha. Ace Hardware actually has a decent assortment of metric screws.

Page 59 of 411 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast