Close

Page 54 of 411 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    These are great! I posted mine to thingiverse (it was a 20 second sketch) but I imagine these will work better if these guide supports are doing anything. I'm collecting the accelerometer data today (put together the metrology system yesterday.)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1412591

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I took mtnride's idea and made my own inserts to go at the bottom of the guide rods. Not sure if it makes a difference but I figured that it couldn't hurt. I can post it on Thingiverse but I'd prefer to get mtnride's OK before doing so since it was his idea.

Attachment 8985

Quote Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
    I ordered the glass for the build plate, but a guy at work gave me a sheet of PEI to try. I installed it and it is just amazing. Parts stick great, and then pop right off after cooling for just a couple minutes. Only prep is a quick cleaning with alcohol.
    Agreed! PEI is awesome. Turns this machine into a workhorse.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnride View Post
    These are great! I posted mine to thingiverse (it was a 20 second sketch) but I imagine these will work better if these guide supports are doing anything. I'm collecting the accelerometer data today (put together the metrology system yesterday.)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1412591

Posted mine as a remix:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1412738

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Have you checked the PTFE tube?
    Only the bit you can see when the nozzle is off since this started. But I actually changed out the PTFE tube on that side just 2 days ago with a fresh one.

I have been printing in ABS since mid afternoon, kinda thinking its not a mechanical issue. What yall use for heat settings with PeTG??

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Depends on the brand esun 230-240 and Makergeeks 250-260

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Depends on the brand esun 230-240 and Makergeeks 250-260
    Ah, maybe I'm running a bit to cool then. I have been using 210-220 for petg.

That wire chain someone linked on last page..is anyone using that? Does it need adjustment to work with Qidi machine, or print it strait from thingiverse?

Ran some test gcode with an IMU on the board. Was searching to see if the supports did anything, but found something more interesting. The build plates only vibrates on one direction change - in X, changing from left to right and for Y, going from front to back (all from the perspective of the control panel.)

I ran 4x 60mm bi-directional traversals at nominal 60mm/s in each direction and the build plate at mid-travel (with acceleration turned on) and got the data presented below. Since there are 4x traversals, I expected 8 peaks in each direction, but only found 4 (3 in Y because it doesn't do the last direction change.) The last blip that is common to all the channels is the end of a diagonal move to bring the head back to home. This anisotropic ringing behavior is apparent by the sound the printer makes and the visual shaking of the plate. The supports seem to cancel out a small amount of ringing, but that is beside the point. Maybe there's a bug in sailfish?

longtravel copy.jpg

Engineer-in-Training
    Finally managed to get my big PeTG job done:

Velocity stacks for a Yamaha 600cc quad-barrel.
    Each stack was a 9.78hour print, 4 stacks total with a 1/2 stack prototype.

Technician
    Do you guys have any tips on the tops of my prints being practically transparent? In Simplify3D I've tried upping the top layers from 2 to 3 and even 4 and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Even if I rotate a model and print it with a different orientation, whatever ends up on top will not be fully filled in. I've watched prints finish and it looks like it just does a few cross patterns (diagonal one way then again the other way) but not enough layers to prevent light from coming through. Any thoughts?

Engineer-in-Training
    Having problems getting ABS to stick today all of sudden. Cant print anything without a raft or the bottom layer corners will be rounded, and things will start coming off the glass. Using the same bed temp, same amount of hairspray.
    Any ideas? Have only managed one print today and its past 7pm.

edit: Just had to cancel another print. This is the 6th cancel on same file today. Had just started on 3rd layer and corner peeling up bad, and all the edges rounded.
    This print should not need a raft, the bit touching the build plate is a 95x95mm square.
    Last edited by Syd_Khaos; 03-14-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Page 54 of 411 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast