Close

Page 43 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Ok an update to my Makerbot Desktop issue. I found that when I enter the Custom Settings and made a custom profile for my settings, sometimes it would cause the program to fail with an error message when previewing or printing. I think there must be some sort of combination of settings in my profile that Maker doesn't like. This is a bug because if two things can't be true or causes a processing error, it should give a warning message. If I use the standard profile or one of the default custom ones like (Standard) it works fine.

Another thing I learned is how to better control the extruders in the Maker software. There are many places to set it and you have to be aware of what each thing means. For example, if you want to print a part with the left extruder that has supports or rafts, and you want those supports to be in the same material (same extruder) you to choose Mixed Material Support. That's kind of strange right? I would think that if I checked that box, it would print the object with one extruder (say PLA) and the supports with the other extruder (ABS). But in this case, Mixed Material Support means "use the same material / extruder for the entire print"

Does anyone know how to adjust the print speed in Maker? There's a menu for extrusion speed but it's split up into Bridges, First Layer, First Raft Layer, etc. Which one is the "main" print speed for the rest of the object? Is it Infill?

Technician
    For those printing on glass or with any sort of material over the actual metal bed, do you measure temps to make sure the heated bed temps are correct? What I mean is, surely a piece of glass sitting on a heated bed is not going to be the same temp as the bed. There's some loss to to inefficiencies right? So your heated bed at 60C might give a glass surface temperature of 50C. Is this important to compensate for?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    For those printing on glass or with any sort of material over the actual metal bed, do you measure temps to make sure the heated bed temps are correct? What I mean is, surely a piece of glass sitting on a heated bed is not going to be the same temp as the bed. There's some loss to to inefficiencies right? So your heated bed at 60C might give a glass surface temperature of 50C. Is this important to compensate for?
    The temp reading on your machine should be withing few deg of what your glass actually is.
    The machine is reading temp of heatplate via thermostat in the plate, as the glass leaches heat from the plate its internal thermostat will reflect this and machine will adjust accordingly.
    If your using the right type glass and its secured to the plate the loss during the transfer is very minimal.

Hey just received my Qidi and am pretty much ready to power on and print. Can someone tell me what the extra chip is for? I included a pic.IMG_20160304_143455.jpgIMG_20160304_132549.jpg

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Yep it's an extra stepper motor driver. You have 5 of them on your main board.

Engineer-in-Training
    Sure wish I had gotten extra feed motor driver. Think the one driving right extruder is having issues. I keep getting jams and prints with not enough material.

Thanks rcleav

Going to do a glass plate build on mine, anyone know the size and type of the screws on the corners of the bed?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by TK4426 View Post
    Going to do a glass plate build on mine, anyone know the size and type of the screws on the corners of the bed?
    It's M3x20

Engineer-in-Training
    So, been messing around with combat grade boot-style knives today. These are the first prints I have used a honeycomb infill for, also first for using such a high infill % (80%) and so many outside layers (6t, 6b, 8o).

My machine is shaking very badly doing the infill on these test blades.

Was wondering if something like http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1391749 is worthwhile to counter this.

Page 43 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast