Close

Page 355 of 411 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4110
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    So, to get my plugged throat fixed I had to (eventually) take a hex wrench, heat it up with a lighter, and jam it through.

Whee!

So, hopefully I'm back in business. Can anyone suggest a decent clip system/object to hold the damned door open for me? The first one I made just snapped. And I didn't like it much anyway.
    Here is my door clips....super simple but work like a champ.

For cleaning PTFE tubes I would suggest getting the proper sized drill bit. The issue with using a hex-wrench is that it is different shape than the tube, you could potentialy deform the tube by cleaning it like that.
    A drill bit is round like the tubes interior is supposed to be. Not to mention a brill bit is designed to remove material from a hole, the channels in the bit will help alot to that end.

Technician
    Oh, by that point the PTFE tube had been removed and I still had plastic coming down from the metal throat and into the hot end.

I just didn't want to drill and end up scratching up the insides of the metal and thereby make things even worse.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    ok so i sed i was going to post some pics of the 10mm rod upgrade days ago but i just haven't gotten around to is so here they are

[URL=http://s76.photobucket.com/user/wazza35/media/Photo%208-10-16%208%2007%2058%20pm_zpspjex2ebz.jpg.html][/URL

also has any one thought about moving the position of the power switch.
    i am thinking of doing this as its a pain to get to the back of my printer to switch it on.
    Can you please tell me more about the temperature display you have in one of the photos? I like how it looks.

Engineer
    Well, that was a rather dull interlude. Hope everything stays up.

I am having issues using my printer with simplify3d. Can anyone help me? I have the qidi tech printer and the test prints work. I can't get anything else to print not even downloaded finished projects. I posted a word doc with screenshots of my settings. anyone see anything wrong? I am saving to sd card as an x3g file.....Well The attachments are working for me so here come a bunch of screen shots. Sorry about the inconvenience and hopefully you can see them or download and review them. I also am posting a link so you can download the file in case the posted pics doesnt work because they are showing up as broken images. The link works. just click free user and it will have you confirm the download. Thanks!
    Last edited by jfkansas; 10-12-2016 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Multi post - Please use better file transfer option. If you need to post pics there are plenty of online picture hosts

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    Oh, by that point the PTFE tube had been removed and I still had plastic coming down from the metal throat and into the hot end.

I just didn't want to drill and end up scratching up the insides of the metal and thereby make things even worse.
    Glad to hear that you've solved that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by huntingdog0 View Post
    I am having issues using my printer with simplify3d. Can anyone help me? I have the qidi tech printer and the test prints work. I can't get anything else to print not even downloaded finished projects. I posted a word doc with screenshots of my settings. anyone see anything wrong? I am saving to sd card as an x3g file.....Well The attachments are working for me so here come a bunch of screen shots. Sorry about the inconvenience and hopefully you can see them or download and review them. I also am posting a link so you can download the file in case the posted pics doesnt work because they are showing up as broken images. The link works. just click free user and it will have you confirm the download. Thanks!
    I try attaching the images and a link but the link doesn't show up in the post and whenever the attachment window pops up it says "undefined You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I try attaching the images and a link but the link doesn't show up in the post and whenever the attachment window pops up it says "undefined You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."
    I believe there is a minimum amount of posts needed to enable picture posting. Also I think the image capabilities of the board are or were turned off.

It is easy to post pics on Imgur or Tinypic and link here. I dislike photobucket as it is ad heavy any more. I host most of my pics from a Google photo account and it works well.

What kind of issues are you having. Are they not printing at all or partially printing?
    I have recently had issues with Simplify3D files when sending the gcode files to OctoPrint they fail but if I run the x3g file directly from the SD card they work fine. The same exact one.

Now that being said in Simplify 3D it outputs both the x3g file and gcode file at the same time. If the gocde file is accidentally being the one copied to the SD card that could be the issue as QIDI only prints x3g files from the card yet only gcode from OctoPi.

Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Speaking on my issue with OctoPrint this is what is going on.
    Once I save a file I normally send the gcode file to OctoPi and print. For some reason after what I think was an updated it will just pause and never finish during prints. I have taken the same file and gcode does not fully print but the s3g file on being copied to the SD will.
    I have rebuilt OctoPrint from scratch and it fixed nothing. First with no updates then with updates.
    Here is my print of the same design saved at the same time. No changes. The x3g file printed the fan covers great the cgode I normally send to OctpoPi pauses part way through the raft and just stops. Will not unpause with the lcd menu or on OctoPrint.
    Just to make sure nothing was messed up I did another two color frog and it would not even start with the gcode yet the x3g file printed fine.
    I did not change any S3D settings either. I am at a loss.
    As you can see the failed one with the blob at the corner.

[IMG] [/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Page 355 of 411 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405 ... LastLast