Close

Page 336 of 411 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 4110
    Sounds like it got wet somewhere.
    I wonder if in shipping or prepackaging.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Did MG indicate what the problem might be? Do you have any theories or other/similar experience with this problem?
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

thanks i will try it again at a higher temp after your package arrives and i have installed it

The reason it looks like it spit down the centre is because i had to slice it in half using fusion 360 so i could get it
    to fit on the build plate then i just glued it back together after i had soothed it.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Those cracks are inevitable with ABS. Try running extruder a little hotter like 240, it helps layer adhesion.

Yes you are right the chamber is too cold, but running it at the right temp with this printer design isn't so good on the steppers.

Get yourself a cheap 3d pen. Esun makes one for about 30 bucks. Load up the same filament and inject plastic in the cracks before smoothing.

Splitting the model in half and printing in 2 pieces might help. Heck it split right down the middle anyway lol so might as well just plan for that then glue together.

No the cooling fan was off.
    Not sure what happened but this is the first time i have had cracking this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Wow, that item looks like it cracked really bad but the smoothing definitely helped out. Was cooling used with the print?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Ya you want to glue and fix any cracks before smoothing. I prefer not to do full vapor smoothing anymore. I usually fill in any cracks then sand and do an acetone wipe with a towel. Cotton terry cloth works but paper towel is ok for a little bit but it will fall apart quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    thanks i will try it again at a higher temp after your package arrives and i have installed it

The reason it looks like it spit down the centre is because i had to slice it in half using fusion 360 so i could get it
    to fit on the build plate then i just glued it back together after i had soothed it.

It is nice having PLA/PHA dialed in. I was able to make the tree frog as a test. Now I have to work on the wings of the dragon I want to print in two colors.
    I also made the Z-Axis stabilizer plugs. That has helped with small details as well. Less movement.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator
    Pretty cool. I'll come asking questions when I get to the two color things.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    It is nice having PLA/PHA dialed in. I was able to make the tree frog as a test. Now I have to work on the wings of the dragon I want to print in two colors.
    I also made the Z-Axis stabilizer plugs. That has helped with small details as well. Less movement.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Did MG indicate what the problem might be? Do you have any theories or other/similar experience with this problem?

They are not responding.

That is cool with me. I am still learning.
    The Simplify 3D dual extrusion wizard helped so much. I did not have to mess around like I did in Makerware.
    Everyone said get S3D and I would not be disappointed. I am definitely loving it. It has everything you need and more with great support.
    I am wanting to dual print something else but until I get my dragon ready I will have to find another dual model that I like. Lucky my daughter likes tree frogs or I would not have printed this.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Pretty cool. I'll come asking questions when I get to the two color things.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Technician
    So....while unloading my right extruder I had the filament break off a good inch or so down into the hot end. Since that part refuses to melt, I'm guessing it's in the HDPE tube rather than being close enough to the hot end to be melted.

I've tried taking a pin vise to get a drill bit into the filament and pull it out, but that went nowhere. Did I hurt the HDPE? Who knows. So there may be some disassembly in my future.

Has anyone got brilliant suggestions apart from disassembly? And if disassembly is necessary, has anyone got good instructions to offer?

I had that happen before too. What I did was thread the filament back in but not using the big tube. I heated up the extruder, clicked load filament and the slowly pushed the new filament in. It moved the broken piece down and then I let it keep loading filament for a bit. Then I unloaded it and all was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    So....while unloading my right extruder I had the filament break off a good inch or so down into the hot end. Since that part refuses to melt, I'm guessing it's in the HDPE tube rather than being close enough to the hot end to be melted.

I've tried taking a pin vise to get a drill bit into the filament and pull it out, but that went nowhere. Did I hurt the HDPE? Who knows. So there may be some disassembly in my future.

Has anyone got brilliant suggestions apart from disassembly? And if disassembly is necessary, has anyone got good instructions to offer?
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Page 336 of 411 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346386 ... LastLast