Close

Page 327 of 411 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Tip on printing things like these blower ducts. Hit prepare to print and then do the cross section and check to see which way the bridging is running over the large open areas. Rotate the part to get the bridging to cross the narrowest way if needed.
    One of mine the bridging was running the long way on the open rectangle instead of the short distance of side to side. Makes no sense why it does this.

Technician
    ...oh, and one more I thought of. Is there some way to get the software to automatically kick off the turbofan when printing PLA?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    ...oh, and one more I thought of. Is there some way to get the software to automatically kick off the turbofan when printing PLA?
    Why? You really want the side blower on after the first layer for PLA . I also take off all of the plexiglass to get better ventilation for PLA.

Technician
    Sorry, but "kick on" I mean "turn on".

I've just had a few prints where I didn't manually go and turn on the blower after the print had been initiated and preheating had started. And the difference shows.

So, hoping for a way I can manage to have it on by default, or to specify it in software, as right now I'm mostly doing PLA.

Super Moderator
    Sorry, but "kick on" I mean "turn on".

I've just had a few prints where I didn't manually go and turn on the blower after the print had been initiated and preheating had started. And the difference shows.

So, hoping for a way I can manage to have it on by default, or to specify it in software, as right now I'm mostly doing PLA.
    I know in S3D but not in makerbot.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Hi all. I've had my Qidi a week now and am having an interesting time with it.

I'm hoping I can get some help on a couple questions.

First of all, I'm trying to figure out how to get past some first layer issues. Is there a way in the Makerbot software to increase the thickness of only the bottom layers? I haven't found anything useful yet.

Second, is there a practical alternative to the Makerbot Desktop software? I've got some practice with other software for an MP Mini (which I liked a lot better than the Makerbot software), and really don't like the Makerbot software.

Finally (for now) I am having a seriously tough time getting my prints off my bed. Anything wide, such as a 3" Catan hex takes some major effort to get off the bed, and typically involves putting some gouges on the sides of the piece.

Suggestions?
    Welcome!

If you haven't seen it already, this link may help: https://support.makerbot.com/learn/m...settings_11912
    Last edited by cncartist; 09-21-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Engineer
    Hi all. I've had my Qidi a week now and am having an interesting time with it.

I'm hoping I can get some help on a couple questions.

First of all, I'm trying to figure out how to get past some first layer issues. Is there a way in the Makerbot software to increase the thickness of only the bottom layers? I haven't found anything useful yet.

Second, is there a practical alternative to the Makerbot Desktop software? I've got some practice with other software for an MP Mini (which I liked a lot better than the Makerbot software), and really don't like the Makerbot software.

Finally (for now) I am having a seriously tough time getting my prints off my bed. Anything wide, such as a 3" Catan hex takes some major effort to get off the bed, and typically involves putting some gouges on the sides of the piece.

Suggestions?
    Alternative to Makerbot software: simplify3D

Strongest recommendation for S3D. You won't regret the investment.

Technician
    Yes, that seems to be the all around opinion of just about everyone. And I probably will do so eventually. But first I need to come up with a semi-practical use for the printer to justify further spending to the wife...

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    I use a type of plastic epoxy, it has over a 3000psi rating when properly cured.
    What type is it?

Engineer
    Yes, that seems to be the all around opinion of just about everyone. And I probably will do so eventually. But first I need to come up with a semi-practical use for the printer to justify further spending to the wife...
    If you ever think of one please post it so we can all, well you know...

Page 327 of 411 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377 ... LastLast