Close

Page 319 of 411 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    From sailfish manual. I know it says 3mm but it does have effect on 1.75mm... Just not as much.

This is primarily meant for extruders that use 3 millimeter filament.
    This ensures that, throughout the entire print, the extruder’sstepper motor is kept engaged and does not allow the filament tocreep out. This is mostly a problem with extruders that accept 3millimeter filament, as larger filament generates more back pressure.Therefore, this option is intended to counteract the tendency offilament to back out of the extruder when the stepper motor istemporarily disabled, a command some slicerswill add to theprint command file (for instance, ReplicatorG). For Cupcakeprinters the default is on; for all other printers, the default isoff.
    I see. The FFCP doesn't have that setting in the panel and the QIDI is running so can't check. Going to start another test on the FFCP and see how it goes.

Should force retraction be on or off? Seems to not make much difference I think ...

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    FFCP should have that setting. Qidi too.

You can try turning the force retraction between layers off, if it is a retraction problem just make it not retract. For every retraction there is an equal prime. That is why I said to do a -.4 extra restart. This tells it to do a 1.4mm retraction but only a 1mm reprime.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I see. The FFCP doesn't have that setting in the panel and the QIDI is running so can't check. Going to start another test on the FFCP and see how it goes.

Should force retraction be on or off? Seems to not make much difference I think ...

Super Moderator
    FFCP should have that setting. Qidi too.

You can try turning the force retraction between layers off, if it is a retraction problem just make it not retract. For every retraction there is an equal prime. That is why I said to do a -.4 extra restart. This tells it to do a 1.4mm retraction but only a 1mm reprime.

The reason I thought the negative restart was affecting small areas is that on one of those green monsters I did had an issue printing the lower teeth. They where small and it looked like it extruded only partial filament. I noticed on other parts that small areas with short extrusions were incomplete.

Super Moderator
    The reason I thought the negative restart was affecting small areas is that on one of those green monsters I did had an issue printing the lower teeth. They where small and it looked like it extruded only partial filament. I noticed on other parts that small areas with short extrusions were incomplete.
    Ya the geniuses thought of that too, that's why there is a minimum travel for retraction. Just realized you are talking about 2 different models here. Settings like this are model specific. Just because your monster didn't like the negative restart doesn't mean it wont work on the barrel or whatever that is. It is important to focus on settings for one model or it gets confusing to everyone. You can't always make a catch all profile for every model. As nice as that would be it just doesn't happen.

I am getting closer but I cannot figure out what is causing the saggy look.
    Any ideas?
    I am thinking I am going to print a dual blower now I have to decide which.
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

In looking at my setup it looks very much like that already. I will have to check deeper and take pics for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yes, I am using this feed carriage in one of my extruders. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:857200 Although I have not yet tried Ninjaflex filament in it.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Super Moderator
    Ya I think you are on the right track with cooling. Or slow the printer way down by adjusting the mininum layer duration.

Looks like you got it to stick better.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    I am getting closer but I cannot figure out what is causing the saggy look.

Super Moderator
    Ya the geniuses thought of that too, that's why there is a minimum travel for retraction. Just realized you are talking about 2 different models here. Settings like this are model specific. Just because your monster didn't like the negative restart doesn't mean it wont work on the barrel or whatever that is. It is important to focus on settings for one model or it gets confusing to everyone. You can't always make a catch all profile for every model. As nice as that would be it just doesn't happen.

Yea, I know it, the monster was just a side note. The barrel wasn't working at a restart of -.25 and with it a 0 it was still the same. I reset everything back to default and am seeing how it is going on the negative restart.

Upon checking the model, -.4 isn't going to do it. I am getting about 6mm distance of under extrusion from the starting point before the extrusion smooths out. It's either blobs or no plastic!

Super Moderator
    Ya, probably just turn layer retracts off all together. It isn't traveling enough to the next layer to be needed.

Yea, I know it, the monster was just a side note. The barrel wasn't working at a restart of -.25 and with it a 0 it was still the same. I reset everything back to default and am seeing how it is going on the negative restart.

Upon checking the model, -.4 isn't going to do it. I am getting about 6mm distance of under extrusion from the starting point before the extrusion smooths out. It's either blobs or no plastic!

It sticks tight that is for sure.
    I will adjust it down slower and print a fan duct with ABS as well.
    I like the dual fan one but I've got to order the second fan and powered splitter for it.

Ya I think you are on the right track with cooling. Or slow the printer way down by adjusting the mininum layer duration.

Looks like you got it to stick better.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Page 319 of 411 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369 ... LastLast