Close

Page 317 of 411 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    It's still going to have a seam. The issue is it is extruding to much material when it starts that path.
    Seems like there may be more going on, otherwise why not bulge on the inside too?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Can randomize start/stop points. Possibly a little more retraction but don't go wild on it. 1.4 or 1.6 is good. I speed up retraction to 50mm/s.

Interesting.
    Have you made the changes to your printer to be able to print the flexible filament?
    I am still deciding on it for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Just noticed that MakerGeeks has a new NinjaFlex equivalent filament at $39.95/Kg. MG calls theirs "Maker Flex" and so far are listing it in 6 colors. Darn little info about it other than to say "Maker FlexFlexible filament is based on the exact same resin properties" as Ninjaflex.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Interesting.
    Have you made the changes to your printer to be able to print the flexible filament?
    I am still deciding on it for mine.
    All you really need is a low-profile feed gear(some Qidi come with them), and some feed carriage parts meant for flexible filaments, and you can print those.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Can randomize start/stop points. Possibly a little more retraction but don't go wild on it. 1.4 or 1.6 is good. I speed up retraction to 50mm/s.
    If I randomize I get blisters all over! The "seam" is ok because the barrel would actually have it but the bulge is the issue.

I will try the retraction. You really run that fast on retraction? That would be 3000mm/min. I know switch to "sec"!

Super Moderator

Do you think extruder temp to hot? I printed the same item in ABS and the seam is much different. The other settings were mainly the same.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Do you think extruder temp to hot? I printed the same item in ABS and the seam is much different. The other settings were mainly the same.
    Outside Outline Direction?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Outside Outline Direction?
    Do you mean outside-inside first setting? If so it doesn't make a difference.

I have the carriage parts DL'd I have not printed them yet. My QIDI is only a couple months old and supposedly came with the newest parts. Still cannot verify it though. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    All you really need is a low-profile feed gear(some Qidi come with them), and some feed carriage parts meant for flexible filaments, and you can print those.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator
    So retraction settings and speed change are having no effect.

Page 317 of 411 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367 ... LastLast