Close

Page 295 of 411 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Ahh, your descriptions seem to indicate direct experience with this issue. Thank you for the warning. I gather the nozzle cannot be un-jammed and is likely a throw away?
    No never jammed one, but imagine i could be drilled out if you had to. Just not sure if you could ever get all the char out of the nozzle. It is soft stuff too so best to use a PTFE lined hot end.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    No never jammed one, but imagine i could be drilled out if you had to. Just not sure if you could ever get all the char out of the nozzle. It is soft stuff too so best to use a PTFE lined hot end.
    Which means to me that it is more likely to jam up in the extruder drive mechanism. Have you heard anything yet regarding the new Flexion hi-temperature product? I have not, nor do I see any mention of it on their website.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Which means to me that it is more likely to jam up in the extruder drive mechanism. Have you heard anything yet regarding the new Flexion hi-temperature product? I have not, nor do I see any mention of it on their website.
    Nope, haven't followed the Flexion stuff much. It looks nice but seems to be pricey and over complicated for the job. The high temp product is just a MicroSwiss all metal setup.

Super Moderator
    Thanks W, I've only the single roll of ABS that behaves in this manner.

This roll does seem to warp hugely as well. What were your conclusions regarding the warp in your prints that appeared to be in response to adjacent voids or filled areas?

It did turn out the right nozzle was just enough lower than the left to affect the print but not leave marks.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Nope, haven't followed the Flexion stuff much. It looks nice but seems to be pricey and over complicated for the job. The high temp product is just a MicroSwiss all metal setup.

I haven't heard anything yet either but can ask.

I have a roll of semiflex and nijaflex to try out once I get the Flexion setup going again. Interested to see how it goes.

Super Moderator
    Well, took the plunge but got a great deal on a FF Creator Pro - couldn't resist - having to much fun with this. Guess I'll hanger the RC Helo's for now!!

Pretty nice printer but there are some things right away that I like better on the QIDI. The side panels are are not see through and the left on can not be removed because the limit switch is part of the panel. This can probably be changed by making a new mount. The right side panel is free to come off. The front door swings to the left pretty good but I haven't figured out how to take it off yet.

Spool mounts are ok but could be better. The filament holder for tubes is desperate for improvement. This is my first big print!!

Front control panel is angeled up so it is easier to see. Top plexiglass is one piece but have not tried it yet.

Bed is very similar to the QIDI, actually most of the innards are.

First test print from SD card in PLA came out nice.

The included software seems capable with features but I haven't tried it. It's called flash print but is probably a Cura version.

Has responded fine to S3D. This machine is destined to get the Flexion extruders, eventually.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Engineer
    BIQU is back on Amazon. I got an email stating that their "...account is back today". No explanation provided. I checked on Amazon and they are indeed present once again.

I did notice a few new items including https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J5QRKPC
    This is another MK10 nozzle assortment (.2, .3, .4, .4, .5) but this time in brass rather than SS for $11.98, free shipping, but still ~30 day shipping time to get to the US from China

Engineer
    Holy Guacamole W! You've got these things popping up like mushrooms. Is this a new unit or one of the "parts only" units (like are coming up on eBay in 40 minutes)?

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Well, took the plunge but got a great deal on a FF Creator Pro - couldn't resist - having to much fun with this. Guess I'll hanger the RC Helo's for now!!

Pretty nice printer but there are some things right away that I like better on the QIDI. The side panels are are not see through and the left on can not be removed because the limit switch is part of the panel. This can probably be changed by making a new mount. The right side panel is free to come off. The front door swings to the left pretty good but I haven't figured out how to take it off yet.

Spool mounts are ok but could be better. The filament holder for tubes is desperate for improvement. This is my first big print!!

Front control panel is angeled up so it is easier to see. Top plexiglass is one piece but have not tried it yet.

The included software seems capable with features but I haven't tried it. It's called flash print but is probably a Cura version.

Has responded fine to S3D. This machine is destined to get the Flexion extruders, eventually.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post

That looks like exactly the same place the QiDi-X1 was sitting just a few days ago W. Definitely time to put the Helo's in the hanger.

Super Moderator
    That looks like exactly the same place the QiDi-X1 was sitting just a few days ago W. Definitely time to put the Helo's in the hanger.

It's to windy out for the Helo's anyway!

I do need to look at the draw on these printers and get a battery backup. It's storm season and we get some power fluctuations that could kill a print.

Page 295 of 411 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast