Close

Page 291 of 411 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 4110
    Very nice. Did you fit the nut in during or post?

I see you have the Flexion extruders on in that pic - is it an older one?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lehighkid View Post
    Very nice. Did you fit the nut in during or post?

I see you have the Flexion extruders on in that pic - is it an older one?

I did the nut after with the help of a punch and small hammer.

Yea, older pic.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    When ya want to upgrade to 10mm rods? I have 3 kits ready. Let me know what color the plastic, I have many ABS colors. :-)
    Interested in one of these kits i have sent you a PM

Super Moderator
    Anyone tried Hatchbox PLA or ABS? What do you think?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Hatchbox and ESun are both well respected and popular brands. Both there ABS and PLA work fine for me.
    I use either depending on price and availability on Amazon Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by lehighkid View Post
    I print via OctoPrint (on an RPi3) web interface from my MacMini. I have S3D on the MacMini set to automatically upload gcode when the slicing file is saved. I have yet to print from an SD card.
    Another vote for Octoprint here. I posted some setup notes earlier in the thread. Web-based interface and automatic time-lapse generation. I really didn't want to be wearing out that SDCard slot on the printer.

Super Moderator
    QIDI TEch-1 extruder temp issue. My printer seems to have developed an issue maintaining the extruder temp. Say I set it at 200 for a print. It heats ok but a little while after the print has started the temp registers as much as 15 degrees less. S3D and the printer display both agree. After a long time, let's say 20 minutes into the hour and a half print the temp slowly starts to inch up. Over the 90 minutes the temp is barely able to get back to the target temp.

Any ideas?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    QIDI TEch-1 extruder temp issue. My printer seems to have developed an issue maintaining the extruder temp. Say I set it at 200 for a print. It heats ok but a little while after the print has started the temp registers as much as 15 degrees less. S3D and the printer display both agree. After a long time, let's say 20 minutes into the hour and a half print the temp slowly starts to inch up. Over the 90 minutes the temp is barely able to get back to the target temp.

Any ideas?
    I had this problem when the big side fan was on. Once the unused extruder reaches 50°, there are three fans running and the extruder you're using has a hard time maintaining its temperature. Making sure that side fan is off, if you haven't already, should be your first step. I disconnected the cable to make absolutely sure.

Super Moderator
    My new design for the rear manifold for my dry box. It keeps the original part for the two rolls on the back of the machine without restricting access and adds for the five feeders from my dry box. Now, when I can remove the filament I am running I will install and see if it really works.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    I had this problem when the big side fan was on. Once the unused extruder reaches 50°, there are three fans running and the extruder you're using has a hard time maintaining its temperature. Making sure that side fan is off, if you haven't already, should be your first step. I disconnected the cable to make absolutely sure.

I see what you are saying but it doesn't even try to reheat. It can take twenty minutes before it decides to start heating or atleast it isn't indicating it is heating.

Also I need the fan for PLA. When I was using the right extruder I was having issues with extruded filament overheating or not cooling sufficiently especially toward the rear of the printer.

I'll git it a shot thought to see if that does affect it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Page 291 of 411 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast