Close

Page 286 of 411 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 4110
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Syd, did you sell W your QiDi?
    Nope, not yet. Really only outlet I have to do so is local classifieds like G-list and letgo. And not in a good area to sell something like this. Guess I could post it online somewhere (though past ebay I wouldn't know where) but the shipping is killer. I need at least $600 out of it to get done what I wanna do. Plus would need another $100 for shipping it (did the USPS shipping calculator and it said $82, plus box+foam n stuff). I just don't see someone wanting to pay $700 for 6 month old one when new ones are $700-$800 brand new. But I can hope lol.....
    It has been working just fine though...still no clue what was going on those few days.
    Still stuck to right side only though...I need to take apart left side so I can clean the hotblock from a misprint that causes a material buildup all over the hotblock.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Nope, not yet. Really only outlet I have to do so is local classifieds like G-list and letgo. And not in a good area to sell something like this. Guess I could post it online somewhere (though past ebay I wouldn't know where) but the shipping is killer. I need at least $600 out of it to get done what I wanna do. Plus would need another $100 for shipping it (did the USPS shipping calculator and it said $82, plus box+foam n stuff). I just don't see someone wanting to pay $700 for 6 month old one when new ones are $700-$800 brand new. But I can hope lol.....
    It has been working just fine though...still no clue what was going on those few days.
    Still stuck to right side only though...I need to take apart left side so I can clean the hotblock from a misprint that causes a material buildup all over the hotblock.

Yeah, that's a hard $ nut to crack. I am still adding gilding onto my fuzzy dice here. I keep trying to come up with a reason to add lasers in there too (I still like lasers). But I can't think of any purpose they would serve other than to look really wicked.

By the way, if you have the time could you post a pix of your left side hotblock? I am curious to see what I am sure I will someday run into and have to deal with.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yeah, that's a hard $ nut to crack. I am still adding gilding onto my fuzzy dice here. I keep trying to come up with a reason to add lasers in there too (I still like lasers). But I can't think of any purpose they would serve other than to look really wicked.

By the way, if you have the time could you post a pix of your left side hotblock? I am curious to see what I am sure I will someday run into and have to deal with.
    Maybe someone will make an offer close enough to what I need...till then I just keep printing.

Not a great pic sorry.
    It all piled up on back of block too. seemed into inbetween the block and the heating node. Gonna have to take block off and leads out.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Looking at the right nozzle and how it is installed I am betting the left just needs to be reset like I outlined a few days ago. First, fully seat the thermal tube into the heater block. Then tighten the nozzle into that. If you can use a little longer PTFE with the inside diameter chamfered a little.

I would do it to the right side while you are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Maybe someone will make an offer close enough to what I need...till then I just keep printing.

Not a great pic sorry.
    It all piled up on back of block too. seemed into inbetween the block and the heating node. Gonna have to take block off and leads out.

Super Moderator
    New issue. These used to print great but I can't seem to get the settings correct. This is a very small part.

1. The blobs on the side. This is where each layer starts. I can watch plop out a big blob of plastic as the extruder starts to move. Odd also that it doesn't start until several layers have printed.

2. The first layers are undersized in diameter. You can see how it slopes out as you go up in height.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    New issue. These used to print great but I can't seem to get the settings correct. This is a very small part.

1. The blobs on the side. This is where each layer starts. I can watch plop out a big blob of plastic as the extruder starts to move. Odd also that it doesn't start until several layers have printed.

2. The first layers are undersized in diameter. You can see how it slopes out as you go up in height.
    Does this issue change with part (rotational) orientation or position on the plate? Is that .2mm/layer or thinner?

Super Moderator
    Here is another blob issue! This thing has lost its mind!!
    It is the corners and seems to be every few layers.

Super Moderator
    Does this issue change with part (rotational) orientation or position on the plate? Is that .2mm/layer or thinner?

I have not tried to rotate the part but location on the bed doesn't matter. I can watch it plop out the blob at the start of the layer. The blob point is where an extrusion ends then it spits out the blob and goes the other direction.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Looking at the right nozzle and how it is installed I am betting the left just needs to be reset like I outlined a few days ago. First, fully seat the thermal tube into the heater block. Then tighten the nozzle into that. If you can use a little longer PTFE with the inside diameter chamfered a little.

I would do it to the right side while you are at it.
    The issue with the left side has nothing to do with nozzle or ptfe tube.
    What happened was I started a print, and then got busy with the kids. Print didn't stick good, and bunched up on the nozzle. Machine of course kept feeding material till I catch it an hour or so later with a big gob of material around nozzle and hotblock.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Here is another blob issue! This thing has lost its mind!!
    It is the corners and seems to be every few layers.
    Seems like something wrong in the positioning. Maybe something wrong with the Y axis belts? I think you need someone who has seen this before on this type of printer design. Ask QiDi.

Page 286 of 411 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386 ... LastLast