Close

Page 254 of 411 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Anyone looked into auto bed leveling for the QIDI? Or maybe something better than the paper approach?!
    I'm in favor of that. I've read a number of reviews of automated systems that apparently do not work. Are there any that do reliably function?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Thanks! Just like our Makerbot 2X at work! Definitely a Cura issues that Sailfish cannot "translate". Time to move on to another slicer. At this point I have tried them all, and every single one of them has one or more issues. I think it *might* be time for S3D.

I have been using it (S3D) from the start with the QIDI, no regrets. Like others there are always issues but the S3D support has been pretty good and they have a good forum. Just my 2 cents!

Add PCK Machines on Facebook Add PCK Machines on Google+
    I searched this thread/forum for more info on replacement nozzles but wasn't able to find any nozzle specs; can anyone tell me what to look for when buying replacement nozzles for the QIDI Tech I? I'm assuming there are different sized nozzles (0.2-0.3mm, 0.8-1.2mm?) with the same thread pattern, right? I think I read somewhere these extruders/nozzles use an M7 or M8 thread, can anyone confirm? Does this use MK10 extruders?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PCK Machines View Post
    I searched this thread/forum for more info on replacement nozzles but wasn't able to find any nozzle specs; can anyone tell me what to look for when buying replacement nozzles for the QIDI Tech I? I'm assuming there are different sized nozzles (0.2-0.3mm, 0.8-1.2mm?) with the same thread pattern, right? I think I read somewhere these extruders/nozzles use an M7 or M8 thread, can anyone confirm? Does this use MK10 extruders?

I think it is MK10. I bought some off ebay from QIDI.

They are MK10 nozzles and any MK10 will work.

Engineer
    Here are some listed on Amazon.
    0.4 is the size that the printer ships with. This listing is Amazon Prime indicating that you can get it quickly. It is also one of the lowest cost I've seen.
    https://www.amazon.com/Extruder-Nozz.../dp/B01F3C8FM4

Here is a listing for an assortment of sizes in SS. Shipping time is 30 days or so. It is the lowest cost for multiple sizes that I've seen. At the moment it seems to be unavailable, along with everything else from BIQU, weird! It used to be ~ $13
    https://www.amazon.com/BIQU-Resistan.../dp/B01IUP983Q
    Last edited by DaveB; 07-27-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Here are some listed on Amazon.
    0.4 is the size that the printer ships with. This listing is Amazon Prime indicating that you can get it quickly. It is also one of the lowest cost I've seen.
    https://www.amazon.com/Extruder-Nozz.../dp/B01F3C8FM4

Here is a listing for an assortment of sizes in SS. Shipping time is 30 days or so. It is the lowest cost for multiple sizes that I've seen. At the moment it seems to be unavailable, along with everything else from BIQU, weird! It used to be ~ $13
    https://www.amazon.com/BIQU-Resistan.../dp/B01IUP983Q
    This is due to one of two things and that is Amazon yanked them due to various issues with the merchant OR the merchant ran out. Nine times out of ten the merchant is under investigation by Amazon (if all of their listings say "Currently unavailable" then it is the company and not simply the product) and when the investigation ends they may just suddenly pop up or the listing will cease to exist completely (no traces left).

There is one other option I have seen happen and that is when the marketplace merchant wakes up and says there isn't enough profit in this with Amazon and the items aren't moving enough so they basically pull their stock to zero.

Technician
    Don't mean to change the topic, but this acceleration issue I have been facing with Cura has gotten me energized to investigate how much we got "tricked" on our Qidi Tech purchase. As DarkAlchemist has already expressed with unfaltering attitude for the past few months, Qidi Tech, much like most Chinese "clone" shops only tell you what you want to hear about their cloned product...

Here are images that illustrate how we got scammed into thinking that we were getting a real MightyBoard, when in reality we got a diluted MightyBoard with an Atmega2560 upgrade (http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...36925333905327 & http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...57595884188801). Granted I would rather have the Atmega2560 than RGB LEDs, but still, can't help but feeling aggravated that Qidi Tech WILL NOT support a firmware upgrade on their printer. I find this absolutely nonsensical as this printer will be "obsolete" the moment DNewman and JetGuy make further improvements to Sailfish and we are unable to upgrade.

I am arguing my case with Qidi Tech and will keep you all in the loop. If I was less risk averse, I would simply load a new bootloader onto my Qidi Tech controller and flash Sailfish 7.7.

EDIT: For some reason I cannot upload images into the forum from work...
    Last edited by caall99; 07-27-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Why not just buy something like a Smoothieboard and install that if you want the latest firmware features?

Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Don't mean to change the topic, but this acceleration issue I have been facing with Cura has gotten me energized to investigate how much we got "tricked" on our Qidi Tech purchase. As DarkAlchemist has already expressed with unfaltering attitude for the past few months, Qidi Tech, much like most Chinese "clone" shops only tell you what you want to hear about their cloned product...

Here are images that illustrate how we got scammed into thinking that we were getting a real MightyBoard, when in reality we got a diluted MightyBoard with an Atmega2560 upgrade (http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...36925333905327 & http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=...57595884188801). Granted I would rather have the Atmega2560 than RGB LEDs, but still, can't help but feeling aggravated that Qidi Tech WILL NOT support a firmware upgrade on their printer. I find this absolutely nonsensical as this printer will be "obsolete" the moment DNewman and JetGuy make further improvements to Sailfish and we are unable to upgrade.

I am arguing my case with Qidi Tech and will keep you all in the loop. If I was less risk averse, I would simply load a new bootloader onto my Qidi Tech controller and flash Sailfish 7.7.

EDIT: For some reason I cannot upload images into the forum from work...
    I just don't like being lied to or manipulated and so I let people know what this company, and it seems Wanhao now, is up to.

Here is your image.
    By the way Jetty IS working on a real 7.8 Sailfish.

Page 254 of 411 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354 ... LastLast