Close

Page 25 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    White ABS and Blue PLA
    Twinsies!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonesyct10 View Post
    Black PLA and Red ABS
    Actually, it came with White PLA. I bought the Black PLA from Amazon.

The PLA it came with is actually really good quality. I almost think the White PLA it came with, prints better than the ESUN Black PLA I bought.

I got hot pink abs and brown PLA :/

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroCreo View Post
    I got hot pink abs and brown PLA :/
    I wouldn't like it so much, but if my machine shows up with hot pink material my wife and daughter would both go nuts lol.

I really hope the material from Orb Polymer is good quality. They have good prices and I really like alot of their colors, plus 2 day free shipping on orders of 3 spools or more.

I found this place last night:
    http://www.protoparadigm.com/pla
    The price is not so great (the spools are only 200grams) but they have some awesome semi-transparent colors.

One thing I am still unclear on, and having issues finding good info on, is the layer height.
    What is the max/min range for layer height on this machine?
    For example, the glass shim I need to print for build plate...whats good layer height for something like that?
    I have been doing nothing the past few days but reading up as much info as I can, but layer height is something there is not alot of clear info on (not that I can seems to find at any rate).

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I wouldn't like it so much, but if my machine shows up with hot pink material my wife and daughter would both go nuts lol.

I really hope the material from Orb Polymer is good quality. They have good prices and I really like alot of their colors, plus 2 day free shipping on orders of 3 spools or more.

The price is not so great (the spools are only 200grams) but they have some awesome semi-transparent colors.

One thing I am still unclear on, and having issues finding good info on, is the layer height.
    For example, the glass shim I need to print for build plate...whats good layer height for something like that?
    I have been doing nothing the past few days but reading up as much info as I can, but layer height is something there is not alot of clear info on (not that I can seems to find at any rate).
    I've used some recycled that worked okay, then I bought some from Perl Scientific and the quality is excellent.

Still having the problem with the blob in the beginning with S3D. Will have to study that script some more to see what is really going on.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse

Almost everything is printed .2 layer height unless specified if you download it. If you make if it's very intricate then print at .1

I have used both ESUN and Hatchbox filaments. I like ESUN a little better since there spool has the larger spindle hole.
    The reason is the end of the filament is not wound as tight causing less problems when the filament is near the end of the spool.
    Ordered some PLA and PETG from www.makergeeks.com last night. I hear they have good Filament and I will see. They make there own filament in Missouri. They have good prices and free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroCreo View Post
    Still having the problem with the blob in the beginning with S3D. Will have to study that script some more to see what is really going on.
    Is the Blob near your print or effecting the print?
    Mine has always done that but doesn't effect the print in anyway so I ignore it and pull it off when the print is done.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Almost everything is printed .2 layer height unless specified if you download it. If you make if it's very intricate then print at .1
    One of the major things I wanted a 3D printer for is RC parts.
    An example of a very basic linkage part would be a servo L. This is an L shaped bracket with barreled hole as base of L that 3mm inner diameter. It is 1.75mm thick, each arm is 30mm. Three holes in end f each arm about 1.2mm inner diameter.
    Im guessing for something like this I want to use .1 layerheight.
    This kinda stuff will be 100% infill. Pretty sure Im gonna have to drill the holes out, but I have mini drill-press, so no worries there.
    www.makergeeks.com
    Please post on the quality of this sites material when you use it. Really like the selection they have, and prices are really good.
    Looking through what they offer raises some questions though...

What determines what materials a machine can print with? I know heat is a big part of it, but what kinda restrictions to nozzle type impart? I am very interested in printing with carbon-fiber PLA I have seen. Some things on this site look interesting (the sandstone filament looks amazing) and Im wondering what my limits on material type will be.

Page 25 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast