Close

Page 246 of 411 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    These don't look like they would work in the Qidi without modification. Or am I missing something?
    Those are MK10 and even if the throat didn't work the Qidi already has a SS throat so use the SS Nozzles and the PTFE tubes and still you are far ahead of the pack.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Those are MK10 and even if the throat didn't work the Qidi already has a SS throat so use the SS Nozzles and the PTFE tubes and still you are far ahead of the pack.
    Seems kinda silly to spend $20 on 5 nozzles and 5 tubes.
    Esp since you can use the same $20 for 5 nozzles and 3m of PTFE.

Has anyone had to change out their throats? Seems like they don't get to much wear on em at all.
    I'm still tempted to try the black PTFE my buddy in Cali was telling me about....supposed to be tolerant of temps upto 700c.

Engineer

Has anyone had to change out their throats? Seems like they don't get to much wear on em at all.
    I'm still tempted to try the black PTFE my buddy in Cali was telling me about....supposed to be tolerant of temps upto 700c.
    Make sure it is actually smaller than the QiDi throat and nozzle diameter. I got some 4mm tubing on Amazon recently that I can't jam down the throat.

Engineer
    WOW, maybe Emily has been shut up by the powers that be at Qidi or she no longer gives a damn. :/

Five for $9.98? WOW, a hell of a steal at that price point and good find.

Look at these from the same seller - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FS9CID4

Has anyone tried a non .4mm nozzle on the QiDi?
    Here are some .2mm ones in steel at $13 / qty 5 www.amazon.com/dp/B01IH5HZSE
    They do actually have a "20" stamped on the nozzle in the pix, so it's not a typo.

Five stainless steel MK10 nozzles AND 3M for 20 dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Has anyone tried a non .4mm nozzle on the QiDi?
    Here are some .2mm ones in steel at $13 / qty 5 www.amazon.com/dp/B01IH5HZSE
    They do actually have a "20" stamped on the nozzle in the pix, so it's not a typo.
    Those would be awesome for the really tiny prints so you don't lose quality and detail though .2mm jams a lot from what I have read AND have a filament cleaner right before it enters the hose because 0.2 is a bit too fine and any contaminate can jam it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Five stainless steel MK10 nozzles AND 3M for 20 dollars?
    Not stainless no....its overrated imo.
    Got one SS nozzle so far...was able to put a mere 100hrs more on it than I put on brass ones. Not worth the diff in price imo.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Take a look at this upgrade guys.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1681920

I like the Flexion extruder, but I can't justify the costs. The rear mounted blower concept and extruder enclosure window is really interesting to me. I love the idea of not having all that crud in the way. And being able to see it work would be way awesome too. Do the two lights/buttons(?) inside have something to do with the out of filament sensors? The filament reel holder looks intriguing too.
    Really cool! I took the plunge on the dual extruder. I may also build some of the other stuff over time.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Really cool! I took the plunge on the dual extruder. I may also build some of the other stuff over time.
    W, you ordered a Flexion dual extruder? WoW!

Not stainless no....its overrated imo.
    Got one SS nozzle so far...was able to put a mere 100hrs more on it than I put on brass ones. Not worth the diff in price imo.
    With a rough filament, like Carbon fiber and glow in the dark, etc... all of the YT video guys who tried didn't even get one print before the Brass nozzle was worn enough to be noticeable and one the nozzle's orifice became larger mid print due to the abrasive filament being used. For regular filament SS nozzles are just overkill.

Page 246 of 411 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast