Close

Page 241 of 411 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 4110
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Well, the what is crazy is the stuff in the Dollar Tree is the real deal from back in the 1970's and stuff but just does not work. Now I had read last year that Cyanoacrylate glue has expiry dates and actually goes stale fast (meaning it will not work right) so I suspect the Dollar Tree stuff is older stock but not for sure.
    You probably hit the nail on the head right there. Dollar Tree and stores like it take over-flow or discontinued stock from bigger stores like Wal-mart or Target and such as them. The chances that it been sitting on a shelf (or in a warehouse even) for a good bit of time before it gets to Dollar Tree is, Id guess, pretty high.

Super Moderator
    Anyone have any idea why this (see highlighted area) no longer lights up or shows the correct "set" temperature when the extruder starts to heat? In the pic the extruder is set to 200 and is heating, it is showing the current temp however. The light for heat bed works correctly. This used to work.

[IMG][/IMG]

Additional info: The light and target temp work when running on extruder 1 (right extruder) but not when using the left extruder.
    Last edited by wirlybird; 07-19-2016 at 06:55 AM.

Super Moderator
    How did we live without 3D printers?! Had a busted clip for the bottom of a mini blind so I built a new one!

This one was printed @ 200. Trying another @ 195 then 190. 190 seems to be the target temp for this PLA. At 200 bad stringing.

[IMG][/IMG]

Student
    Has anyone printed from a scan using a Makerbot digitizer (or similar)? I have a broken part (crockpot handle) that it too complex for me to try to draw. If so, was the scan reasonable? Any difficulties encountered?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Anyone have any idea why this (see highlighted area) no longer lights up or shows the correct "set" temperature when the extruder starts to heat? In the pic the extruder is set to 200 and is heating, it is showing the current temp however. The light for heat bed works correctly. This used to work.
    I don't use the USB control too much, so I can't answer your question. Weren't you extending the USB by 75' or so? Could that be involved?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
    Has anyone printed from a scan using a Makerbot digitizer (or similar)? I have a broken part (crockpot handle) that it too complex for me to try to draw. If so, was the scan reasonable? Any difficulties encountered?
    Really hope ya didn't buy one of these...

Just like everything else Makerbot makes its WAAAAY overpriced. There are 3D scanners out there for 1/2 the price that do just as well.

3D scanning is not gonna be print ready (unless you spend $2k+ USD), you will always need to do touchup work. And the few scanners I have been able to try...well they more for 'organinc' type things, all but the highest end ones seem to have slight issues with 'parts' for lack of better words.
    On top of all but the highest end scanners will have serious issues scanning anything pure black, pure white, reflective (even a tiny bit), or semi translucent.

My buddy has a $600 scanner, some off-brand, and I had to spraypaint things yellow to get em to scan even close to proper.

Do you still have the part? All the broken bits? Take some pics and some mesurements, e-mail them to me at Syd.Khaos@gmail.com...Ill see what I can do.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Really hope ya didn't buy one of these...

Just like everything else Makerbot makes its WAAAAY overpriced. There are 3D scanners out there for 1/2 the price that do just as well.

3D scanning is not gonna be print ready (unless you spend $2k+ USD), you will always need to do touchup work. And the few scanners I have been able to try...well they more for 'organinc' type things, all but the highest end ones seem to have slight issues with 'parts' for lack of better words.
    On top of all but the highest end scanners will have serious issues scanning anything pure black, pure white, reflective (even a tiny bit), or semi translucent.

My buddy has a $600 scanner, some off-brand, and I had to spraypaint things yellow to get em to scan even close to proper.

Do you still have the part? All the broken bits? Take some pics and some mesurements, e-mail them to me at Syd.Khaos@gmail.com...Ill see what I can do.
    No I didn't buy one, as the local library has one available for use. Yes, I thought they were way overpriced and wasn't considering a purchase, at least not until I had several scans that turned out good.

Thanks, but I would hate to have you spend your time on a project of mine. I will try the library scanner first them MAY take you up on your offer. My biggest problem is finding a reasonable 3d CAD and learning to use it. I have used TinkerCAD for some basic items, but it doesn't have the capability (or maybe its just me) for this part. I have tried but after several hours I gave up. I have tried Fusion360, but tis capabilities and how to use them are not obvious (at least to me).

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    No I didn't buy one, as the local library has one available for use. Yes, I thought they were way overpriced and wasn't considering a purchase, at least not until I had several scans that turned out good.

Thanks, but I would hate to have you spend your time on a project of mine. I will try the library scanner first them MAY take you up on your offer. My biggest problem is finding a reasonable 3d CAD and learning to use it. I have used TinkerCAD for some basic items, but it doesn't have the capability (or maybe its just me) for this part. I have tried but after several hours I gave up. I have tried Fusion360, but tis capabilities and how to use them are not obvious (at least to me).
    What capabilities are you needing out of Fusion 360?

Engineer-in-Training

Buddy, I got plenty of time to spare lol.

I use Blender for all my design work. I know...its a rendering program, but it does everything I need to to design prints. Not to mention its free, and there is HUGE amount of online tutorials for it.

If ya have access to the makerbot scanner then you should def try it out. Chances are you will need to work on the model a bit before its printer ready.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I don't use the USB control too much, so I can't answer your question. Weren't you extending the USB by 75' or so? Could that be involved?
    I don't think so because everything else is working without a flaw. Also the bed heating lite and target temp are working. It was working but stopped but I don't know why!

It's like something in the software changed but I have no idea what.

Page 241 of 411 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast