Close

Page 232 of 411 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Did the customization deal. I gave me 5 different ones and 4 of them look the same except for left and right even though they have different names. I don't see a difference anyway!
    I didn't try to use any but the "right" flavor. Maybe they are different under some other config choices.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    W, I really don't have a clue about this. Maybe S3D could help you? I have to wonder if there is some value / setting within S3D that might cause this behavior. The issue is not very obvious to me in the test cubes you have printed. I just do not see it. Maybe measurements would make it more obvious for those examples? It's rather blatant in the larger object, although I am puzzled why it seems to show up in your pix as a more gradual change as opposed to a single event stepped change.
    Yea the test cubes show a subtle difference and more to illustrate how the outer surface changes when internal parts change.

I did another test last night and I think the only big change was dropping the extruder temp to 220 and bed to 100. I was doing the bed at 110 and then down to 100. The part came out pretty good but then I realized I didn't have support turned on. Running another today with support to see what happens.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I didn't try to use any but the "right" flavor. Maybe they are different under some other config choices.
    Had to re-run the customizer but now have parts that look right. I have to start building a dry box. Debating on how to support the rolls so as to have the least amount of friction on them. I am thinking on a bearing system that the rolls sit on.

Engineer-in-Training
    So, my X axis belt is getting pretty loose.

Was gonna tighten it this morning before I started the days prints...then I decided not to. Gonna see just how far it will go before the slack starts to create issues with how it prints. Right now you can reach in and (with no force at all) make the 2 sides of belt touch.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Had to re-run the customizer but now have parts that look right. I have to start building a dry box. Debating on how to support the rolls so as to have the least amount of friction on them. I am thinking on a bearing system that the rolls sit on.
    Dont have the link (sorry) but on thingiverse there is a bearing you can print and then fill with air-rifle ammo. They actually work really good.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    One thing to try is get some 4mm set screws and thread them into the ends of the xend plastics. There are little holes there, don't tap them, just use a good wrench and let them self tap. This will do 2 things, 1. tighten up any slop in the gantry, and 2. it will tighten the X belt some. Don't overdo it with the set screws, just snug them up and try to do it evenly on all 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    So, my X axis belt is getting pretty loose.

Was gonna tighten it this morning before I started the days prints...then I decided not to. Gonna see just how far it will go before the slack starts to create issues with how it prints. Right now you can reach in and (with no force at all) make the 2 sides of belt touch.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    One thing to try is get some 4mm set screws and thread them into the ends of the xend plastics. There are little holes there, don't tap them, just use a good wrench and let them self tap. This will do 2 things, 1. tighten up any slop in the gantry, and 2. it will tighten the X belt some. Don't overdo it with the set screws, just snug them up and try to do it evenly on all 4.
    Great tip! Will take a look at mine also.

Super Moderator
    Dont have the link (sorry) but on thingiverse there is a bearing you can print and then fill with air-rifle ammo. They actually work really good.
    I have found some using small roller bearing (for skateboards) there are a few prints on thingy ... looks interesting. Anything to reduce drag on the reel should be a plus.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    That is a little over-complex when there is a system built into the machine for tightening the belt.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    That is a little over-complex when there is a system built into the machine for tightening the belt.
    Actually on one of my machines there wasn't any adjustment room left to move the stepper to tighten the belt. Plus the set screws solidify the gantry since the rods kind of float in the plastic pockets. It really isn't that complex, the holes are already there and they fit 4mm set screws perfectly.

On most printers you can move the gantry back and forth (L&R) since it is just kind of hanging there in the plastic. This gets worse when the machine gets hot and the plastics soften a little. This is one of the main causes of ringing.

Page 232 of 411 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast