Close

Page 220 of 411 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Got a new issue. I have started getting these dual lines now. Not sure what I changed it wasn't doing this yesterday!

Thanks for any thoughts.

[IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    That is just Netfabb basic as Microsoft took it over (or licensed it) a couple of, to a few years, ago and it normally can fix most stuff. Autodesk owns Netfabb now.

Never understood all of these one companies owning everything. Make something cool and some company will buy it out.
    Know what you mean.
    The guy who mentioned it thought model repair was doing a better job than Netfabb basic. Maybe if it works well no need to install more software.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Know what you mean.
    The guy who mentioned it thought model repair was doing a better job than Netfabb basic. Maybe if it works well no need to install more software.
    All cloud based. For the record I am anti Cloud for a ton of reasons.

The only time I have seen your double line issue is when I was under extruding either because of me or something was stuck inside (damn Chinese cheapo eBay filament burned me a couple of times even with a ball bearing in the filament so I no longer use any of that garbage).

Was that a single pass or was that two passes? If two passes then skip the above.

Super Moderator
    All cloud based. For the record I am anti Cloud for a ton of reasons.

The only time I have seen your double line issue is when I was under extruding either because of me or something was stuck inside (damn Chinese cheapo eBay filament burned me a couple of times even with a ball bearing in the filament so I no longer use any of that garbage).

Was that a single pass or was that two passes? If two passes then skip the above.
    Definitely not a fan of cloud based things.

That was two passes but before it was blending into one line. I don't think it is hurting anything - just trying to learn and understand what's going on.

That was two passes but before it was blending into one line. I don't think it is hurting anything - just trying to learn and understand what's going on.
    If that is the skirt and the lines are not touching then it is an under extrusion issue OR the nozzle is too high. At least that is what it has been in my experience.

Just looking at the picture again and I suspect the nozzle is too high by a very minute amount so the filament is not getting squished enough as I am seeing beads of filament there and that means the nozzle is too high.

Remember with these beds having to readjust layer height after every print or two is pretty common.

If that is the skirt and the lines are not touching then it is an under extrusion issue OR the nozzle is too high. At least that is what it has been in my experience.

http://i.imgur.com/XiPmH3Z.jpg

Super Moderator

http://i.imgur.com/XiPmH3Z.jpg
    I am going to be on the nozzle to high. I started using a different paper to level and I think that may be it. What is the recommended air gap for the nozzle to bed?

I am going to be on the nozzle to high. I started using a different paper to level and I think that may be it. What is the recommended air gap for the nozzle to bed?
    I just go by feel and I don't feel very well so I have a hard time leveling (tramming). I will say the bed on the Qidi is not flat for sure. It has ripples and the aluminum bed is slightly warped. One thing I have never understood on any printer I have owned is why in the dead center, regardless of the material used for the bed, it rises up so the gap is too close when everything else is fine. I have never been able to fix that issue.

Super Moderator
    I just go by feel and I don't feel very well so I have a hard time leveling (tramming). I will say the bed on the Qidi is not flat for sure. It has ripples and the aluminum bed is slightly warped. One thing I have never understood on any printer I have owned is why in the dead center, regardless of the material used for the bed, it rises up so the gap is too close when everything else is fine. I have never been able to fix that issue.
    It really doesn't seem to flat. Might make a stop at the local machine shop to talk to them about the bed and glass and see if they have any ideas that won't break the bank.

Super Moderator
    Does anyone step down the bed temp for ABS after the first few layers? I am seeing some rounding/lifting after numerous layers on the ends of thin parts.

Page 220 of 411 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230270320 ... LastLast