Close

Page 207 of 411 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 4110
    Technician
    I started out with PLA and had no trouble with it whatsoever. I had a little trouble with the ABS when I switched over, but I figured out the problem and that's been pretty smooth ever since. My choice comes down to the properties I want the part to have.

I've removed the 3M tape from the build plate and replaced it with that old standby, blue painter's tape. My first print warped a bit on the bottom, but I didn't use glue stick or anything. It was a mechanical test print and the bottom didn't matter much, and it adhered well enough that it didn't screw up the whole print, so I was happy, but I'll use the glue stick next time.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    I started out with PLA and had no trouble with it whatsoever. I had a little trouble with the ABS when I switched over, but I figured out the problem and that's been pretty smooth ever since. My choice comes down to the properties I want the part to have.

I've removed the 3M tape from the build plate and replaced it with that old standby, blue painter's tape. My first print warped a bit on the bottom, but I didn't use glue stick or anything. It was a mechanical test print and the bottom didn't matter much, and it adhered well enough that it didn't screw up the whole print, so I was happy, but I'll use the glue stick next time.
    I am about to give painters tape a try myself.
    The PVC sticker I have on my glass right now is VERY worn out, and I'm broke as a joke right now.

Have yall seen this 'wolfbite' stuff? Guess 3D printing is mainstream now....if people are selling snakeoil for it lmfao!!

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    My longest print so far was right at 32hrs.
    I have done many prints that were over 20 hours.

That being said though, anything that shows 12+hrs I will try to split into parts that can be assembeled after the printing is done. Of course this is not viable for everything, but I do it as much as possible.
    The shorter your print time is the less you lose (both in time and material) when something goes wrong. I would much rather print something as 3 prints that each take 4 hours rather than a single 12hr print.
    I agree as I had an 8 hour print fail once when the power just suddenly went off for 3 or 4 hours.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Thanks for the information, I'm currently at the end stage of a 53 hour / 200m print (S3D quoted time) and I'm hoping it completes in proper fashion before I arrive home. I believe it will end up being ~60 hours and it's the longest print I've attempted so far. It's extremely large and takes up nearly the whole build area with some wacky results in the support structure, but it looks like it is still building accurate and I will share pictures after it completes. I started it on Monday afternoon and it has been chugging along ever since.

My printer also has a dedicated battery backup hooked up to it but unfortunately it wouldn't survive a 4+ hour downtime. I think the longest downtime it could survive is 60-80 minutes with the current UPS depending on how much work the steppers are doing.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I am about to give painters tape a try myself.
    The PVC sticker I have on my glass right now is VERY worn out, and I'm broke as a joke right now.

Have yall seen this 'wolfbite' stuff? Guess 3D printing is mainstream now....if people are selling snakeoil for it lmfao!!

Sounds a lot like slurry to me, probably nice slurry, but still.

Some things I do like though. I replaced my borosilicate with Print Bite from 3Dfilaprint and oh my god is that stuff just awesome. I'll never use anything else ever again it's the answer to my print bed prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post

Some things I do like though. I replaced my borosilicate with Print Bite from 3Dfilaprint and oh my god is that stuff just awesome. I'll never use anything else ever again it's the answer to my print bed prayers.
    25 pounds is too rich for my blood to just give it a try (not including the hideous shipping).

I have to question the marketing mumbo jumbo that says it gets better with age though.

"Its time to get serious with PrintBite! No more glues, slurries, tapes or tricks. A unique composite 3D printing surface that gets better with age. If you dont bite our hands off trying to get one of these, we will be surprised. Print Happy with PrintBite."

Here is a test with some eye candy too -
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 06-30-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    25 pounds is too rich for my blood to just give it a try (not including the hideous shipping).

I have to question the marketing mumbo jumbo that says it gets better with age though.

"Its time to get serious with PrintBite! No more glues, slurries, tapes or tricks. A unique composite 3D printing surface that gets better with age. If you dont bite our hands off trying to get one of these, we will be surprised. Print Happy with PrintBite."

Yeah I didn't buy all of that either really, but I was fed up with tapes and sprays and Christ knows what and still getting occasional problems.
    It sounds hard to believe but it is seriously good. I've cleaned it once since I've had it, only because everything sticks like concrete when it's hot but just lifts off clean as a whistle when it cools.

I've not had a single bed related bad print since I started using it, probably the best money I've spent on my printer since I got the thing.

The bit I got is big enough for two, if you want to cover whatever the postage is to you, your welcome to my spare bit, doesn't look like I'll be needing it.

Yeah I didn't buy all of that either really, but I was fed up with tapes and sprays and Christ knows what and still getting occasional problems.
    It sounds hard to believe but it is seriously good. I've cleaned it once since I've had it, only because everything sticks like concrete when it's hot but just lifts off clean as a whistle when it cools.

I've not had a single bed related bad print since I started using it, probably the best money I've spent on my printer since I got the thing.

The bit I got is big enough for two, if you want to cover whatever the postage is to you, your welcome to my spare bit, doesn't look like I'll be needing it.
    Well, I went digging and it seems it may be nothing more than PEI with sticky back to it. There are places that will cut to fit PEI sticky backed tape (for lack of a better word on my part) and PEI is fantastic from everything I have read.

My I3 needs help badly in this department because if I can get a first layer it will be a fantastic print but getting that first layer is the issue. Glue, hair spray, etc... doesn't help as I have always had issues with that printer and first layer adhesion.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Well, I went digging and it seems it may be nothing more than PEI with sticky back to it. There are places that will cut to fit PEI sticky backed tape (for lack of a better word on my part) and PEI is fantastic from everything I have read.

My I3 needs help badly in this department because if I can get a first layer it will be a fantastic print but getting that first layer is the issue. Glue, hair spray, etc... doesn't help as I have always had issues with that printer and first layer adhesion.

Yeah that was my problem too, I'd say 95% of the time I was getting great results with my borosilicate. But it's that bloody 5% that knackers up just when you don't need it to that got my goat.

Since I switched I've had 100% success rate so I'm really delighted with it, I'd be happy if it was made from bazooka joe so long as I got good results

Engineer-in-Training

Looks good...to bad anyone in US probably gonna spend twice the price on shipping.
    Not sure why but I can get things from China shipped for cheaper than stuff from UK area.

Page 207 of 411 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast