Close

Page 20 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
    Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    The high lubricity coating slows down wear caused by some of the more exotic filaments and seem to cleanup easier when a print goes bad.

I'm sure the Maghold build plate system works great but I can buy 2 Heat-Resistant Borosilicate Glass, 1/4" Thick, 9" X 6" for less then $45 shipped from
    MC-Master-Carr. The ends are polished so there are no sharp edges.
    I have 2 printers with four interchangeable glass build plates.
    Both systems are proven and work.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    The high lubricity coating slows down wear caused by some of the more exotic filaments and seem to cleanup easier when a print goes bad.

I'm sure the Maghold build plate system works great but I can buy 2 Heat-Resistant Borosilicate Glass, 1/4" Thick, 9" X 6" for less then $45 shipped from
    MC-Master-Carr. The ends are polished so there are no sharp edges.
    I have 2 printers with four interchangeable glass build plates.
    Both systems are proven and work.

I have no doubt they work well!! I just love the simplicity of magnets. Plus you know, MAGNETS!!! Everything is better with magnets!!!!!

And once you have the build plate, the extra plates are like 12$ a pop, so in theory you can get several of them shipped for under $45. :P (J/K)

Both are viable options, I am just not a fan of having clamps/adapters/bed plate holder downer things to mess with when removing plates.

I had a Glass plate set up on my last printer with binder clips. Worked great, except for when I would screw up and put the clips in the wrong place lol.

Regardless of what you go with (Newbie) get something that allows you to remove the build plate, as pulling/pushing/wrenching on the plate while attached will mean you are ALWAYS having to re-level the build plate with nearly every print.

***** Edit: Also with the MagHold plate you gain an extra 4mm of build volume, rather than losing that 1/4" (Not that it is really any serious amount either way lol.)

Has anyone ever seen a magnetic glass build plate?

Does anyone know if a larger build plate could be used to allow a larger object to be printed?
    Last edited by TankCmdr; 02-19-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    It has MK10 extruders.
    I would recommend you upgrade to these http://www.micro-swiss.com/#!product...e-cece31e3ba6f
    More then just a nozzle but it eliminates the PTFE tube which will allow a little higher temp.
    The stock nozzles are brass and will wear out with some of those filaments.
    You would go with that upgrade versus the upgrade for the Makerbot replicator 1 or 2 for this QidiTech? http://www.micro-swiss.com/#!product...a-909d18850eef

Is that because the Makerbot Replicator 1 or 2 actually use MK8 extruders and the QidiTech used MK10?

Engineer-in-Training
    I just purchased Simplify3D, doing the initial set up. Its asking what type printer I have. There is no Qidi-tech option. Should I use 'other' or list it as a FlashForge pro?

So exited, my Qidi printer gets here this coming Thursday. And now that I have S3D gonna be getting a bunch of stuff ready and loaded on SD cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I just purchased Simplify3D, doing the initial set up. Its asking what type printer I have. There is no Qidi-tech option. Should I use 'other' or list it as a FlashForge pro?

So exited, my Qidi printer gets here this coming Thursday. And now that I have S3D gonna be getting a bunch of stuff ready and loaded on SD cards.
    Use the Flashforge Pro option. Everything will be fine from there. I got that from rcleav. I'm actually printing now with that setting. Only problem I have is that it deposits a glob of filament at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post

Also, the software it comes with, ReplicatorG, is pretty good as well. It takes a while to slice but I like the open source-ness of it all. You'll learn a lot more that way.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroCreo View Post
    Use the Flashforge Pro option. Everything will be fine from there. I got that from rcleav. I'm actually printing now with that setting. Only problem I have is that it deposits a glob of filament at the start.
    You need to edit the gcode script for start something like this:

G1 X-130 Y-75 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table G130 X20 Y20 Z20 A20 B20 ; Lower stepper Vrefs while heating
    M126 S[fan_speed_pwm] ; Set fan speed
    M140 S[bed0_temperature] T0 ; Heat buildplate
    M134 T0 ; Stabilize bed temperature
    M104 S[extruder1_temperature] T1 ; Heat left extruder
    M133 T1 ; Stabilize left extruder temperature
    G130 X127 Y127 Z40 A127 B127 ; Default stepper Vrefs
    G92 A0 B0 ; Zero extruders
    M135 T1 ; Load left extruder offsets
    G1 X-100 Y-70 F9000 ; Move to front left corner of bed
    G1 Z0.3 F6000 ; Move down to purge
    G1 X90 Y-70 E24 F2000 ; Extrude a line of filament across the front edge of the bed
    G1 X100 Y-7 F180 ; Wait for ooze
    G1 X110 Y-70 F5000 ; Fast wipe
    G1 Z1 F100 ; Lift
    G92 A0 B0 ; zero extruders

That will produce a long line across the front of the bed rather than a glob.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    You need to edit the gcode script for start something like this:

G1 X-130 Y-75 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table G130 X20 Y20 Z20 A20 B20 ; Lower stepper Vrefs while heating
    M126 S[fan_speed_pwm] ; Set fan speed
    M140 S[bed0_temperature] T0 ; Heat buildplate
    M134 T0 ; Stabilize bed temperature
    M104 S[extruder1_temperature] T1 ; Heat left extruder
    M133 T1 ; Stabilize left extruder temperature
    G130 X127 Y127 Z40 A127 B127 ; Default stepper Vrefs
    G92 A0 B0 ; Zero extruders
    M135 T1 ; Load left extruder offsets
    G1 X-100 Y-70 F9000 ; Move to front left corner of bed
    G1 Z0.3 F6000 ; Move down to purge
    G1 X90 Y-70 E24 F2000 ; Extrude a line of filament across the front edge of the bed
    G1 X100 Y-7 F180 ; Wait for ooze
    G1 X110 Y-70 F5000 ; Fast wipe
    G1 Z1 F100 ; Lift
    G92 A0 B0 ; zero extruders

That will produce a long line across the front of the bed rather than a glob.
    Thanks for this. I was aware of this script but was searching for the Gcode decipher so I could modify it. I tried changing the x values but to no avail. I'll insert this right away.

What I did was copied the start gcode from the replicator 2x profile and pasted it into the start code for the flashforge pro

Page 20 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast