Close

Page 157 of 411 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 4110
    Student
    I am using S3D and have loaded a large object. When the stl file is loaded it shows just fine. Also included in this initial view is a 3d outline of a box. Does this box represent the build volume of the printer specified? I have specified FF Creator Pro. On the Process setting "G code" tab, it shows a build volume of 225 for X, 145 for Y and 150 for Z. So if that 3D box does represent the build volume limit of the printer, why doesn't S3D provide a warning that the limit has been exceeded by the loaded model?

Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
    I got mine roughly two weeks ago from ebay. All axis have 8 mm rods. ebay info claimed it had all of the latest mods, so it would seem that doesn't include the 10mm rods that some are receiving. Will be interesting to see what the response is.
    I received a refund on this printer so I am done with it. I had even deeper issues than just mechanical ones that I found out about after it was all put back together and trying to print and Qidi refunded my money. Considering the one I purchased said the latest mods and was 2 weeks old yesterday, and others are with older machines reporting the 10mm rods I am glad to be shed of this printer. Just far too many issues for a brand new machine to have.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Just verified I don't have 10mm rods, they are 8mm all around which means the drilling I had to do for kludgeguru's Z-Axis braces was most likely due to my layer/shell settings.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Just verified I don't have 10mm rods, they are 8mm all around which means the drilling I had to do for kludgeguru's Z-Axis braces was most likely due to my layer/shell settings.

What I would love to know is why some are and some aren't getting the 10mm rods? It is no small task to change over as it requires five new pieces besides the two rods.

Technician
    On mine, the two smooth vertical rods are 10mm and the center one with the thread is 8mm.

Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    On mine, the two smooth vertical rods are 10mm and the center one with the thread is 8mm.
    Can you take a picture at the same point like cncartist? I would love to see what they did. Typical for them to sell off what is already out there knowing an upgrade is coming out and lieing about the latest being sold. Ever see the stuff they say is 10 watts but in reality is 5 and now they are saying 10 watts and it is only 3. Lies lies and more lies with a whole lot of deceit thrown in.

Be glad if you have the 10mm version because it will be way better regardless of the BS they spew out that the 8mm imported rods are better than their Chinese 10mm rods unless the 10mm rods are hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by suds View Post
    I sent an ebay message asking about these 10mm rods vs the 8mm. Let's see what happens.
    Yep, Emily replied a few hrs ago. Paraphrasing: they upgraded their z axis rods to 10mm. Mine shipped from China - the latest, upgraded printer.

Bravo to Qidi. They clearly have a team dedicated to communication and hold an agile stance on product upgrades. I wonder how long they'll stay in the mid 600 price point?

My 2 cents if Qidi is reading: please for the love of god use thread locker. I predict I'll have to accomodate for the lack thereof soon enough. And sell the upgraded rods, bearings, etc as parts.

Where did you find the gcode for replicator 2x, sorry, new to this and worried I will have same problem using the flashforge pro profile in S3D. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suds View Post
    Yep, Emily replied a few hrs ago. Paraphrasing: they upgraded their z axis rods to 10mm. Mine shipped from China - the latest, upgraded printer.

Bravo to Qidi. They clearly have a team dedicated to communication and hold an agile stance on product upgrades. I wonder how long they'll stay in the mid 600 price point?

My 2 cents if Qidi is reading: please for the love of god use thread locker. I predict I'll have to accomodate for the lack thereof soon enough. And sell the upgraded rods, bearings, etc as parts.
    Mine shipped from the USA and their listing said it was the latest. No big deal for me as I returned it but for others reading I would say to watch out because you really do want 10mm smooth rods (even the FlashForge Creator Pro went to 10mm a year or so back).

Long back in this thread I directly told them to make them 10mm if they were reading this thread and apparently they were (I know Emily does).

As to the $499 + $130 shipping I can tell you I am already seeing $799 with free shipping listings on eBay from them (most of them now) so the old price point is going bye bye I think.

edit: I have to add this from Amazon as 3 weeks ago this was $699 and free shipping:
    Price: $875.00
    Sale: $799.00 & FREE Shipping
    You Save: $76.00 (9%)

I wonder is a real Creator Pro 2016 vs a Qidi Avatar V any better?
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 05-17-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Where or how do i navigate to the startup script tab on mac? Sorry, totally lost....new to this.

Page 157 of 411 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast