Close

Page 149 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 4110
    Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Does anyone know if any of these plastics would hold up to long term submersion in mineral oil?
    Gonna fishtank my PC, and try to develop a (somewhat) easy to use kit along the way.
    I have no first hand experience with this but I did read that micro-cracks in the surface will allow very thin liquids to seep into the part over time. It can be corrected with proper finishing.

Typical in case humidity during ABS print for me is 36-42%.
    I live in south Texas, right on the coast. Can literally walk to gulf of mexico from my house in about 3min.
    I have a plan to deal with it, but it's kinda an expensive plan, so its little bit at a time ya.
    Gotcha, that is a big difference when yours is doubled at the same temps. I'd be interested to know what you come up with.

How much does humidity affect layer adhesion? I am not talking about water in the filament due to humidity but I mean inside the case.

Student
    Ok, to make things much easier. Check out the test print of this robot that was included in the SD card. There are gaps and holes inbetween the printing. What can I do to fix this?

20160513_200715.jpg20160513_200642.jpg20160513_200659.jpg

Student
    Total Newbie Question regarding test prints! When I go into SD card from the menu, I'm prompted -1 -2 -3 -4 PLA, ABS...I found the test print in both PLA and ABS. What are the numbers? and why what's the connection between test prints and filiments? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vbx View Post
    Ok, to make things much easier. Check out the test print of this robot that was included in the SD card. There are gaps and holes inbetween the printing. What can I do to fix this?

20160513_200715.jpg20160513_200642.jpg20160513_200659.jpg
    I will tell you this the prints on the card are junk. I printed them all and they sucked so I grabbed a stl off of Tverse and printed them and the difference was night and day. Matter of a fact the line the prints lay down to purge the nozzle was off the bed to on the bed from right to left.

I showed Qidi the issue and they acted stupid about it. So, I am not sure what they used to make the prints but it has serious issues. Go slice a model with S3D and see a remarkable difference (really, it is night and day). Oh, and the raft the robot has I could not remove it as it is permanently attached. Not sure why a raft is even needed to be honest.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    How much does humidity affect layer adhesion? I am not talking about water in the filament due to humidity but I mean inside the case.
    High humidity can affect it rather a bit from what I've seen.
    The bigger issue I have though is plate adhesion, I get alot more curling and lifting the higher the humidity goes. I have to print EVERYTHING in ABS on a raft...everything! And even then it will pull up or curl at times.

I did a print this afternoon of Victoria Crater (where we landed Opportunity on Mars), and the front left corner peeled up about 1.5mm. This is a 100mm x 100mm square, with 2mm offset raft with thicklayers enabled.
    I'm not gonna be happy till my incase humidity is single digit....and preferably the lower end.

Very nice design.
    You should post it for sure. Not only for Qidi users, but it looks as if it could be modified very easy to work with other machines.
    Personally I prefer to keep the spool above the machine. Gravity feed FTW!

I still haven't cleaned my nozzle or PTFE tube since I installed the ninjaflex ready feed carriage parts from thingiverse...still printing 18+ hrs a day like a champ, not a single clog or issue of anykind.
    Hi. I tried using Ninjaflex yesterday - loaded okay, but wouldn't print. It seemed like it sprung back up after loading or something and wouldn't extrude at all during the print. Then when unloading it actually came out halfway down the head (so obviously was no longer seated correctly even though it loaded fine). Any hints? I looked for the 'ninjaflex ready feet carriage' on thingiverse but didn't find anything like that... Thanks for any help!

Has anyone printed with NinjaFlex on the Qidi?

Interested in it for making some gaskets for an electroplating rig. Does it print with the stock Qidi setup? Or do some mods need to be made.
    Did you have any success? I tried printing with Ninjaflex yesterday. Very unsuccessfully :-(

High humidity can affect it rather a bit from what I've seen.
    The bigger issue I have though is plate adhesion, I get alot more curling and lifting the higher the humidity goes. I have to print EVERYTHING in ABS on a raft...everything! And even then it will pull up or curl at times.

I did a print this afternoon of Victoria Crater (where we landed Opportunity on Mars), and the front left corner peeled up about 1.5mm. This is a 100mm x 100mm square, with 2mm offset raft with thicklayers enabled.
    I'm not gonna be happy till my incase humidity is single digit....and preferably the lower end.
    Well, my I3 Rework is wide open and subjected to the high humidity and in the summer I had the best prints with excellent adhesion to Boroglass but in the winter it was just too cool in there (bed temp was around 13c before it warmed up). Talk about curling and not sticking. So, I put this box over it that is used to house water heaters in and I no longer had ABS issues in the winter. Mind you the heat here is gas so it falls down to 15% RH and if this old house had a better duct system it would fall down to darn near 0%. Very unhealthy and static everywhere but in the summer there is no AC in that room so it has the same RH as the outside and it goes through the roof.

For instance the RH in my dry box is <20% (the meter will not go lower it just shows LO) then I open it to get a roll and close it and the RH pops, instantly, to around 57% and takes a 3-6 hours to fall back down to LO.

Oh, humidity is so high here that the nuts and bolts on my rework were rusty within two weeks of when I built it so I had to remove all black oxide hardware and change them all out to Stainless Steel. The 10mm all threaded rod is only Zinc coated and it has some specks of rust on it.

Student
    Here one that printed fine using the school's makerbot printer. But nothing but blobs and ooze here on the QiDi.20160514_001333.jpg

Page 149 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast