Close

Page 148 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Thanks for clarifying, it's sometimes tough to know where references come from.
    I do a lot of Google searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Typical in case humidity during ABS print for me is 36-42%.
    I live in south Texas, right on the coast. Can literally walk to gulf of mexico from my house in about 3min.
    I have a plan to deal with it, but it's kinda an expensive plan, so its little bit at a time ya.
    I live near the Mississippi river and in the sumertime the humidity in the house is 70-80% and in the winter time 15-20%. Running a dehumidifier is loud and expensive (especially with these kinds of RH levels). My filament I stuck in a 20 dollar weatherproof container (it is not hermetically sealed though) and two Evadrys in it to keep the RH below 25%. When the RH goes to 27% I recharge the evadrys for 12 hours. Normally I get 5-8 weeks before the RH gets back to 27%

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I live near the Mississippi river and in the sumertime the humidity in the house is 70-80% and in the winter time 15-20%. Running a dehumidifier is loud and expensive (especially with these kinds of RH levels). My filament I stuck in a 20 dollar weatherproof container (it is not hermetically sealed though) and two Evadrys in it to keep the RH below 25%. When the RH goes to 27% I recharge the evadrys for 12 hours. Normally I get 5-8 weeks before the RH gets back to 27%
    Storage is not an issue, I got that sorted out.
    Ya know you can just get silica packs, and back the silica in an kiln/oven to make it useful again. You can do this about 4-5 times before it goes basically inert. Can get about 200grams of high-grade silica for $5, Takes about 10grams to keep 3 1kg spools as dry as they ever gonna get.

There are ALOT of single room dehumidifiers that are rather quiet and take as much energy to run as your typical small household appliance.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Value-Bund...962143&veh=sem
    This is the one I plan to purchase (the fan is gonna be taken apart and used in venthood system). Along with a few 1/4" sheets of Lexan. Gonna box the printers in with the lexan, port the top for heat/fumes, 2 ports at bottom on either side, for dehumidifier intake/output.

Student
    I may be misremembering, but I thought it was possible to scale the object in s3D. If it is possible, how?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
    I may be misremembering, but I thought it was possible to scale the object in s3D. If it is possible, how?
    Select object and hit either E or R...dont recall.
    OR you can double click the object, this will open a little operations sidebar to the right, you can scale by % there.

Storage is not an issue, I got that sorted out.
    Ya know you can just get silica packs, and back the silica in an kiln/oven to make it useful again. You can do this about 4-5 times before it goes basically inert. Can get about 200grams of high-grade silica for $5, Takes about 10grams to keep 3 1kg spools as dry as they ever gonna get.

There are ALOT of single room dehumidifiers that are rather quiet and take as much energy to run as your typical small household appliance.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Value-Bund...962143&veh=sem
    This is the one I plan to purchase (the fan is gonna be taken apart and used in venthood system). Along with a few 1/4" sheets of Lexan. Gonna box the printers in with the lexan, port the top for heat/fumes, 2 ports at bottom on either side, for dehumidifier intake/output.
    The room is a 30 foot by 30 foot room with an unused chimney in it. The Evadry was 20 dollars for two last year on Amazon and I don't need to worry about it since I just plug them in to dry the silica and they last for years of recharging them.

Double click the object.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    I wanted to share that I have reached 500 hours of print time without having to re-apply the creaking bearing fix/machine bearing oil.

And here is a picture of some printed flowers:

1. The menu is not good for controlling the print - the saving grace of this printer is that it reads g-code off the SD card quite well. Provide proper g-code to the printer in .x3g format on the SD card and it should print with all your options selected. I learned this early on as I was unable to adjust things like Left/Right Extruder for a specific job through the interface on the front of the printer and it needed to be done in the exported g-code (I'm using simplify 3D). Adjusting temperatures in the menu on the fly can be done, but it is a clunky operation and only recommended for situations that require it; I haven't found one for my prints yet.

2. I'm using glue stick as the adhesion layer and I have only seen what you are describing when I used no adhesion layer. The "other" extruder tip in my case is the left extruder tip and it does drag across the print if I do not have the bed perfectly leveled from left to right side (left side higher than right side). The extruder tip that is not your main printing nozzle should be slightly higher than the main nozzle so it doesn't have the capability to smear your print. It was leveled properly on my machine and did not require a height adjustment.

When it drags across the print when not perfectly leveled, in my cases it eventually works itself out since the initial layers are properly bonded to the printbed and will not come undone. There is 3 leveling screws on my Qidi and when perfectly leveled, the other nozzle should not touch if there is no curling of the part in my experience.

I have found the machine to be very forgiving with leveling as long as first layer adhesion is achieved, I hope you are able to sort your issues out!
    Great write up! Thanks cncartist

Engineer-in-Training
    Does anyone know if any of these plastics would hold up to long term submersion in mineral oil?
    Gonna fishtank my PC, and try to develop a (somewhat) easy to use kit along the way.

Student
    Select object and hit either E or R...dont recall.
    OR you can double click the object, this will open a little operations sidebar to the right, you can scale by % there.
    Thanks. Double clicking works to open the window on the right where I can scale it. Alternately, when I "select" the object by single clicking on it, nothing happens (no highlighting of the object. Is that the way it works? Can't get zoom (shift-+left button) to work either. Not sure what's going on there.

Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks. Double clicking works to open the window on the right where I can scale it. Alternately, when I "select" the object by single clicking on it, nothing happens (no highlighting of the object. Is that the way it works? Can't get zoom (shift-+left button) to work either. Not sure what's going on there.
    Q is select
    W is move
    E is scale
    R is rotate

Left-click to rotate camera
    Right-click to pan camera
    Middle wheel to zoom camera

Those are the basic shortcuts for S3D. It's not Blender =P

This is something that ALWAYS gets me. The camera navigation between Blender and S3D are so different I am always messing things up lol.

Student
    Q is select
    W is move
    E is scale
    R is rotate

Left-click to rotate camera
    Right-click to pan camera
    Middle wheel to zoom camera

Those are the basic shortcuts for S3D. It's not Blender =P

This is something that ALWAYS gets me. The camera navigation between Blender and S3D are so different I am always messing things up lol.
    Ok, I expected the object to change color or in some way to show that it had been selected. Figured out zoom. Have to "pinch" with two fingers on the mousepad to zoom.

Page 148 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast