Close

Page 14 of 411 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
    Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    My CTC has the same rod bent. Not sure how much it is effecting the printer. But will probably try finding a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Other then the Cutout connector which is not used they do look identical. You could use either board because the hardware seems the same. What might be different is the firmware version. But even with the older firmware the cooling fan was controllable when plugged into the 2nd from right plug. I've included a pic of my board with that plug circled in red. I had to actually add the green plug to my board as it was the one missing.
    On my CTC which has the same board it had the green plug but was missing the little chip in front of the plug. I have since added that chip to it so it has a cooling fan now to.
    Attachment 8655

Nice. I need to upgrade the other board to match the firmware so I have a backup. When I first got it I thought I messed up something so I selected the 'Factory reset' option... BIG MISTAKE!!! It took it back to a makerbot with ONE extruder. It no longer sees the second one at all. I am not sure how to get this firmware off and onto the other, shouldn't be too hard...

Is this too loose?

http://youtu.be/iI9YGnjzRVY

From what I can see that belt looks ok.
    Changing the number of extruders might setting might be in the menu under utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    From what I can see that belt looks ok.
    Changing the number of extruders. The setting might be in the menu under utilities.
    I looked through every menu and unfortunately it didn't have any options. It also clearly said it was a makerbot creator, not a device with a dual extruder, this leads me to believe they copied the firmware from a single extruder device.

Is it possible to pull the firmware from this device??

Also I am almost certain I am going to buy S3D as I tried a dual print today and while it did complete and isn't AWFUL, it sure aint pretty either. I just hope it is a slicer issue (I used makerbot whatever to do it) and not the printer's abilities (I have seen images of beautilful stuff from them so I assume it isn't the printer lol.

See below.

Have you tried dual printing yet? I honestly will use the second extruder for support with PVA (Have some on the way to me now!!!) but would like to dabble in things with flexible filament here and there for joints and such, as well as nice two color prints.

IMG_4934.jpgIMG_4935.jpgIMG_4936.jpg

I've not tried printing with the dual extruders yet. Usually just have different filament in them like PLA in one and PETG in the other.

Can you take a listen to this? Does yours sound any louder or quieter? The front to back sound seems nice and quiet and smooth, but now the left to right seems to have developed a loud noise... Maybe I am just being paranoid? Lol

http://youtu.be/eriNkt12vgc

Sounds normal to me

Student
    Follow amiedd On Twitter

simplify 3d heat settings

Quote Originally Posted by wachuko View Post
    Finally did some runs with PLA... works great. Not sure if it is the difference in temp of the bed/platform (ABS=110, PLA=50) or what... but the parts come out much nicer. I printed a few parts in PLA that I had already printed in ABS to compare the two.

I noticed on the Qidi printer it says heat settings should be ABS 100c and PLA 50c when i printed something in Simplify 3D it set the ABS to 200c by default, does anyone know if that is ok, or should i lower the temp in Simplify 3D to what Qidi suggests? Thanks!

Under the advanced profile temp settings.
    I set PLA to 195-200C with the bed at 60C.
    ABS should be 230-240C with the bed around 100C.
    PETG 235C and the bed 70C
    If your in a colder area make sure the inside of your printer is at least 70F before you start printing.

Page 14 of 411 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast