Close

Page 116 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    No it isn't a creator pro... Close, but not there.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    No it isn't a creator pro... Close, but not there.
    Yep, very close with them cheapening out on the Z rods mainly and I am sure some other little things but FF is the one who started the MK10 I believe then the Replicator jumped on board but that is the sort of funny in an odd way that these are using that which most people are trying to get away from and that is a PTFE tube all the way to the tip which eliminates all of the really cool filaments.

So the 3dprintermods guys replied back to my damaged maghold platform issue.

For the maghold platform, long story short, they are not able to exchange it as they cannot reimburse me for the shipping cost and I cannot ship it back to them as it cost almost the same as the platform itself to ship from Asia to them. So I dun mind this and just agreed that I will file the damaged corner.

As for the steel spring plate, they are being Jerks. The whole package actually comes with the Maghold platform, the Steel Spring Plate with a pre-applied BuildTak surface. So they can only send me the replacement spring plate without the BuildTak surface. Even after sending a few emails they are not willing to send it to me. I am so not going to buy anything from them again. I will buy from BuildTak surfaces from Amazon or something, even though 3dprintermod sell it cheaper, I would rather spend more and support a good company.

Look at QIDI TECH for example, my connecting y axis rod was bent and even though they said that it will not affect prints, they still sent me a replacement rod to me in case the rod were to cause issues in future. Plus they threw in 2 free nozzles, I din even ask for that from them. I dun regret buying this printer from QIDI, really good after sales support. I even WhatsApp Emily from QIDI if I have some doubts and want a quick answer.

Apologies for the rant guys. Just had to get it out.

Guys, check out this flexion extruder. Saw it in Angus's Youtube channel.

https://flexionextruder.com/shop/right/

A little pricey given you can get the entire dual extruder assembly for $85 from Qidi. But flexible filament seems really cool. I may get this, later down the road.

Oh and has anyone printed this before? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:481259 (Spiral_2) I tried printing twice and both times it failed with the back part getting stringly. I will post a picture when I get home later. But just wondering if anyone manage to print this before? Everything else I printed came out well. I am wondering if the model needs to have precise bed leveling to come out properly. Oh and I used the vase option in S3D as well. Thanks.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    For the maghold platform, long story short, they are not able to exchange it as they cannot reimburse me for the shipping cost and I cannot ship it back to them as it cost almost the same as the platform itself to ship from Asia to them. So I dun mind this and just agreed that I will file the damaged corner.
    Sorry it hasn't worked out for you. I returned my Maghold plate since it was warped. They quickly sent me a new one and included an additional spring steel for my troubles. The new one works much better now.

A little pricey given you can get the entire dual extruder assembly for $85 from Qidi. But flexible filament seems really cool. I may get this, later down the road.

Oh and has anyone printed this before? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:481259 (Spiral_2) I tried printing twice and both times it failed with the back part getting stringly. I will post a picture when I get home later. But just wondering if anyone manage to print this before? Everything else I printed came out well. I am wondering if the model needs to have precise bed leveling to come out properly. Oh and I used the vase option in S3D as well. Thanks.
    Yes, I sub Angus myself and that is way too pricey but it looks really nice and Angus is going to give it a work out and will be posting a vid about it soon enough. If you look it looks like you could dual that but way too costly. I like how it cleans itself with the wire brush as it is going along but those pieces it cleans off will be going down on your print and that isn't good.

Quick question for your guys using glass on your build plate.

How do you stop the nuts that hold the plastic brackets in place coming lose all the time.
    I did not use wing nuts.
    I used the thumb wheel that i printed off thingiverse with the little nut pushed into the centre.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    Quick question for your guys using glass on your build plate.

How do you stop the nuts that hold the plastic brackets in place coming lose all the time.
    I did not use wing nuts.
    I used the thumb wheel that i printed off thingiverse with the little nut pushed into the centre.
    That is the problem I had. You could try using lock washers on them.

That is why I switched to the Maghold plate. Now I don't need the corner brackets.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse

I like how that system looks and the ability to print with flexibles. I will give that item a shot if time permits this week/weekend, what layer height + shell settings are you using?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:857200

These have been very popular and are much cheaper. Personally I dislike any type of metal extruder parts unless you are doing constant temps of over 280.

Page 116 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast