Close

Page 110 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 4110
    Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Retraction would be my bet as in not enough especially with the blobbing I am seeing as well. Increase the distance and increase the speed as well.

edit: Two posts I have used on and off for a while now I think people should bookmark is http://support.3dverkstan.se/article...shooting-guide and https://all3dp.com/common-3d-printin...eir-solutions/

The first link I have used for a couple of years now and the second for a few months and both are darn good at showing you a problem then telling you what needs to be fixed.
    Simplify3D also has a troubleshooting guide
    https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    Simplify3D also has a troubleshooting guide
    https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/
    You notice that one is like the other one using even the same pictures? I wonder who stole from whom?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Ya, when you said 8mm shafts it could have only been the linear guides. Then I saw pics of them oiling the rotary bearings.

The bearings that were being lubed was not linear as I saw the video and that spot turns in a circular motion so they would have to be axial bearings. If they used LM8UU in that spot then there is the issue.

This spot - Attachment 9240

Student
    Awesome write up by the way!! Thank you! I figured it was a lube issue as there is a video / instructions on the SD card. Just no where near as detail and if I recall it only shows 3 & 1 oil on the rods.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    Thank you very much for your instructions

i have dun this and i am now printing silent again.
    i just used sewing machine oil and it worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Ya, when you said 8mm shafts it could have only been the linear guides. Then I saw pics of them oiling the rotary bearings.
    Yep, I bet those are cheap Chinese 608 bearings but that plastic would have to come off to know what is in there. Ceramic bearings are super nice or some Japanese bearings and while costing more do not need to constantly be lubed and they run much smoother too.

Student
    Anyone have a glass plate setup on their QIDI Tech that I can see pictures of? Also how did you fasten it to the heated build plate? I ordered this already. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331831548659 which is 6 x 9 150mm x 230mm Borosilicate Glass Plate Bed Flashforege Replicator 3x Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by svt04cobra View Post
    Anyone have a glass plate setup on their QIDI Tech that I can see pictures of? Also how did you fasten it to the heated build plate? I ordered this already. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331831548659 which is 6 x 9 150mm x 230mm Borosilicate Glass Plate Bed Flashforege Replicator 3x Pack.
    3mm

Get some Gino pads and use 4 of them as one per corner and you are set. Do an eBay search for 100mmx100mmx0.5mm GPU CPU Heatsink Cooling Thermal Conductive Silicone Pad and it cost me $2.59 at the time then cut to size.

Student
    What will that do for me? So you took 1 and cut 4 pieces? Then put the 4 pieces on each corner of the glass? What would that accomplish? I'm sorry i'm new at this. Thanks.

3mm

Get some Gino pads and use 4 of them as one per corner and you are set. Do an eBay search for 100mmx100mmx0.5mm GPU CPU Heatsink Cooling Thermal Conductive Silicone Pad and it cost me $2.59 at the time then cut to size.

What will that do for me? So you took 1 and cut 4 pieces? Then put the 4 pieces on each corner of the glass? What would that accomplish? I'm sorry i'm new at this. Thanks.
    You don't fasten a glass plate anymore you use those pads to transfer the heat up and having at least 4 makes it where the glass doesn't move and if you ever need to you can simply lift the glass up off of them (some might come up but no big deal you just leave it or peel it off and place it back on the metal then place the glass back on).

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    Thank you very much for your instructions

i have dun this and i am now printing silent again.
    i just used sewing machine oil and it worked well.
    Awesome write up by the way!! Thank you! I figured it was a lube issue as there is a video / instructions on the SD card. Just no where near as detail and if I recall it only shows 3 & 1 oil on the rods.
    I'm glad it was helpful and after my ~20 hour print completed today I started a 4 hour run and was happy to hear no noise. I do expect to have to re-oil in the future, but I will keep everyone updated on how long that takes. For right now I print only in ABS so far and have not ventured into the lower heat printing. I would suspect printing primarily PLA would put lower heat stress on the bearings.

Page 110 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast