Close

Page 377 of 411 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Sounds good. I am, using eSun PTEG also in black and it's pretty good. I think I am printing with a combination of PLA and ABS settings but nothing crazy.
    This is the only material I have tried from eSun.
    I am mostly using Hatchbox now with very good results.

Now that I have a PEI bed for the printer ABS is playing better on lifting from the bed.

Let us know how the ABS + goes.

Quote Originally Posted by denovich View Post
    I've been printing with PETG for a little while... using filament from eSun. It's no magic bullet. It's better than ABS in many ways, except that it's sticky and takes a while to cool which hampers many of it's positive attributes. I've really needed to work hard on the settings to get it to print well. The MicroSwiss all metal hotend has helped. I don't have to print so hot/slow... the new hotend seems to keep up better at the lower temp which means I can actually bridge something. It's strong and has some give. A decent material.

I'm now going to chuck a roll of eSuns ABS+ on. It's supposed to be like ABS but with less shrink/warp. I hope so... that's the only thing about ABS that really bothers me.

Super Moderator
    Yea, pics and a part number! I have some really cool copper material I am dying to try on something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HTEC1 View Post
    I just wanted to share,
    I am printing a BRAQ dragon from thingiverse and it has been awesome.
    surface finish couldn't be better at .2 resolution.
    is .2 better than ,1 or am I just guessing?
    PLA 207 bed at 60 and this thing just makes flawless surfaces.
    Some of the prints are 5 hours long and comments said trouble with some prints.
    I'm using S3D and have had no issues

Don't have pics but this project would look really good in copper color.
    Thingiverse, Braq dragon, for the files.
    I do think you need to up the top and bottom layers to about seven though.
    This is to make sure you get a complete solid surface.

I just ordered another qidi printer. two is always better than one.
    Have an order for parts that take 1 hr 20 minutes each to print.
    Have two parts printing at a time so with two printers I can get 4 parts every 2 hrs 40 min.
    Need 200 of these and I just heard there is going to be another 200 pcs to print.
    Way to go Qidi, you have just paid for yourself many times over.

When I am done my customer is going to buy one printer from me so they can make replacement parts as needed.
    That's a win/win, the replacement parts will be low volume.

I'm having a reoccurring issue that I could use a little help troubleshooting.

The print starts off fine and the first few layers look great, but at some point the infill gets all fubar like this (this is supposed to be 25% rectilinear):

It seems to occur only with a few rolls of PLA (not ABS or other filaments I've tried) and happens on both extruders over a range of temps. It's often accompanied by the clicking sound I hear when the filament is not feeding freely, but the feed path is clear without tension.

What do you think might be the issue or do you have any suggestions I might try?

Thanks!
    Last edited by write2dgray; 12-05-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Super Moderator
    If the extruder is clicking then it is trying to extrude to fast for current temps/speed. Check the diameter of the offending filaments to see how much it is off and varies from the stated size..

Quote Originally Posted by write2dgray View Post
    I'm having a reoccurring issue that I could use a little help troubleshooting.

The print starts off fine and the first few layers look great, but at some point the infill gets all fubar like this (this is supposed to be 25% rectilinear):

It seems to occur only with a few rolls of PLA (not ABS or other filaments I've tried) and happens on both extruders over a range of temps. It's often accompanied by the clicking sound I hear when the filament is not feeding freely, but the feed path is clear without tension.

What do you think might be the issue or do you have any suggestions I might try?

Thanks!

Filament is at 1.71mm and the feed rate is down to 35 mm/s and x/y axis speed 50 mm/s. In the above print the temp was at 215C, I usually run 195C on PLA and upped the temp in 5C increments and kept seeing the same issue.

Super Moderator
    Ok, did you set the filament size in the slicer? Forgot to ask what slicer. I would cut the overall speed in half and see how it goes. Also make sure the measured filament size is in the slicer.

Quote Originally Posted by write2dgray View Post
    Filament is at 1.71mm and the feed rate is down to 35 mm/s and x/y axis speed 50 mm/s. In the above print the temp was at 215C, I usually run 195C on PLA and upped the temp in 5C increments and kept seeing the same issue.

Engineer
    It's getting near to Christmas, so ya know I had to try this...

Happy Holidays to all!

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Sounds good. I am, using eSun PTEG also in black and it's pretty good. I think I am printing with a combination of PLA and ABS settings but nothing crazy.
    This is the only material I have tried from eSun.
    I am mostly using Hatchbox now with very good results.

Now that I have a PEI bed for the printer ABS is playing better on lifting from the bed.

Let us know how the ABS + goes.
    ABS+ sticks like freaking glue to PEI. Printing at 110C bed I had to tear the print off and dissolve the bottom layer off with Acetone. Less of an issue at 70C, but still too sticky.

I will next try regular ABS. Hopefully it releases correctly. PETG mostly pops off when the bed is cool. Need to put oil on the PEI for TPU.

Page 377 of 411 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast