Close

Page 234 of 411 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    What printer type are you choosing? It should be closer than that unless you choose Replicator 2. The Qidi is a Replicator 1 clone. There is a difference in the X/Y drive system between the 2.

Don't bother with 20mm tall cubes, 10mm is enough. They should be 100% infill also.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    I just got my Qidi printer and I am having issues with it printing much smaller on the X and Y axes, and slightly larger in the Z(not as big of an issue for my needs).

I went ahead and printed my model that is a product I am going to be selling. I have a finished one I had printed at school with the proper dimensions and I could immediately see mine was much smaller. It came out about 10mm short on X (170mm model, ~160mm printed). On the Y it was about 3mm short (57mm model, ~54mm printed). Didn't bother to compare the Z in this case.

After doing two, 20mm cubes I have the following measurements.

Cube 1)
    X - 18.76mm
    Y - 18.71mm
    Z - 20.31mm

Cube 2)
    X - 18.71mm
    Y - 18.64mm
    Z - 20.44mm

I've tried Googling my scenario and can't come up with any solid way to fix the issue I'm having, or quite frankly really found anyone having an issue identical to mine. I assume some sort of calibration is needed, but have no clue where to begin with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    What printer type are you choosing? It should be closer than that unless you choose Replicator 2. The Qidi is a Replicator 1 clone. There is a difference in the X/Y drive system between the 2.
    That would be my issue, I would assume. I was using the 2. Will report back results after going with the 1.

Super Moderator
    Lol, ya the title of this Qidi thread needs to be changed. It can be misleading.

That would be my issue, I would assume. I was using the 2. Will report back results after going with the 1.

Super Moderator
    What software are you printing with?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I would suggest printing some 40mm fan guards, it may save the fan blades.

Are there reasons to buy the PTFE tubes from QiDi rather than just getting a length of tubing and cutting your own?
    Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HGNWXU8
    Sounds good. the QIDI ends 4-pack comes with the tubes. Guess I can start there.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    What software are you printing with?
    Makerbot. Turns out my issues was being on Replicator 2, not 1.

10mm cube results:

X - 10.22
    Y - 10.19
    Z - 10.24

Looks great to me. Right where I would expect it to be as far as margin of error goes.

Super Moderator

10mm cube results:

X - 10.22
    Y - 10.19
    Z - 10.24

Looks great to me. Right where I would expect it to be as far as margin of error goes.
    Not too bad, probably can get better if plastic flow is reduced. Usually when all three dimensions are too big then too much plastic is being extruded.

Technician

10mm cube results:

X - 10.22
    Y - 10.19
    Z - 10.24

That's about what I would get with my ReplicatorG/SkeinForge setup. Now I'm on Slic3r, and that's pretty much spot on in X and Y. I think it might be a little bit off in Z, but I haven't tested that yet. X and Y were easily tested on a print I did to test a snap fit design for my next project.

Super Moderator
    What are you guys using for extrusion width and multiplier for ABS and PLA? I think I am having sizing issues. I have the nozzle diameter set at .4.

How have you calibrated the print size?
    Last edited by wirlybird; 07-13-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I would suggest printing some 40mm fan guards, it may save the fan blades.

Are there reasons to buy the PTFE tubes from QiDi rather than just getting a length of tubing and cutting your own?
    Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HGNWXU8
    Not at all. Just use a hobby knife and cut to length and save a lot of money.

Page 234 of 411 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast