Close

Page 82 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
    Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Hi Guys,

So I order the Maghold Build Platform and the Glass from McMaster and the PET Tape from Amazon. However the Aquanet spray cannot be shipped to me in Asia as they not ship outside US. Any idea what chemical to look out for the hairspray or any hairspray will do?

Thanks.
    I would check your local forums to see what people in your area are using on glass. There are other hairsprays that may work.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Hi Guys,

So I order the Maghold Build Platform and the Glass from McMaster and the PET Tape from Amazon. However the Aquanet spray cannot be shipped to me in Asia as they not ship outside US. Any idea what chemical to look out for the hairspray or any hairspray will do?

Thanks.
    The reason the purple can Aquanet works is its the all weather formula. In order to make it such there is a polymer compound in the spray.

There is a bonding agent in the hairspray that sticks to the glass, and the print sticks to the polymer compound in the spray. Any hairspray using a polymer should work, and is typically found in 'all-weather' or 'max hold' hairsprays. Go to the store and se if any hairspray sold says all weather on it and try it out.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Also try to find one that is unsented, it will probably smell better when heated up.

2016 Qidi Tech is on the way. Just ordered from ebay. Should be here next week!

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    Kludge - thanks again for making me that 1/8" shim. Next question, do you know of any corner holders that are designed for 1/8" glass? They all seem to be for 1/4"
    sygyzy, I was looking at the corner clips for 1/8" glass and I believe that these ones should work:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537595
    They only go half way up the 1/4" glass so they should work for the 1/8" glass too, have you tried them?

I went ahead and redrew them anyway and increased the slot size to fit 6-32 screws. It can sometimes be difficult to get Metric screws around here, they should still work with M3 screws but you may need a washer. These should work for 1/8" and 1/4" glass as long as your glass is the same size or a little larger than the aluminum plate. If your glass is smaller then they won't work.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1463521

I'm not having the greatest luck with my build plates. The Maghold plate was slightly warped which was making it difficult to level it to my nozzles. It is a little high in the middle so I can either move my nozzles closer and risk scraping in the middle or a little further away and I end up getting curling on the edges due to not enough smash on the first layer to get it to stick. I didn't really notice it at first since I was printing smaller models but once I tried larger ones I started having problems. I've contacted the vendor and I'm sending it back for a replacement. In the meantime I'm printing on some 1/8" glass that I got from Home Depot. This gave me a good excuse to model up some new corner clips. I was able to cut the glass myself and it is working well.

I've decided that I like how the plastic sticks to the glass better than the PET tape. I've ordered some of that 3M adhesive transfer tape and I'm going to try to mount the 1/8" glass to the spring steel so I can magnetically attach the glass to the Maghold plate. I really don't like using the corner glass clips. After every heat cycle they are coming loose and I have to keep re-tightening them... maybe I need some lock washers on them. Hopefully combing the glass with the Maghold plate will work.

hi guys , i would like to ask the specific printing parameters for this machine ?

are there any establish parameters which we can get the best printing ??

such an example
    if had try an error ,
    to get fast print with good quality
    i used 90travel speed, 230-110 abs tempreature
    layer heigh 0.3 , 2 shell and infill of 10%
    and it come out great,

it will be benefit to us if we got the data to print the best quality - and fastest print with recommend parameters ,

thanks , sorry for the english

Technician
    I just noticed my printer's x-axis rails are completely crooked. It took me a while to notice this because I've been printing very small parts, but once I tried printing something large and square, it started printing out like a parallelogram. One of the first things I printed was that 10cm cube, and I don't remember that printing out in that shape so I think this has happened since I got it. Could this have happened when the print head was jamming into the corner due to the bad gcode start script. It did sound as if the belt was skipping teeth. Either way, what is the easiest way to correct this?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    sygyzy, I was looking at the corner clips for 1/8" glass and I believe that these ones should work:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537595
    They only go half way up the 1/4" glass so they should work for the 1/8" glass too, have you tried them?

I went ahead and redrew them anyway and increased the slot size to fit 6-32 screws. It can sometimes be difficult to get Metric screws around here, they should still work with M3 screws but you may need a washer. These should work for 1/8" and 1/4" glass as long as your glass is the same size or a little larger than the aluminum plate. If your glass is smaller then they won't work.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1463521

I'm not having the greatest luck with my build plates. The Maghold plate was slightly warped which was making it difficult to level it to my nozzles. It is a little high in the middle so I can either move my nozzles closer and risk scraping in the middle or a little further away and I end up getting curling on the edges due to not enough smash on the first layer to get it to stick. I didn't really notice it at first since I was printing smaller models but once I tried larger ones I started having problems. I've contacted the vendor and I'm sending it back for a replacement. In the meantime I'm printing on some 1/8" glass that I got from Home Depot. This gave me a good excuse to model up some new corner clips. I was able to cut the glass myself and it is working well.

I've decided that I like how the plastic sticks to the glass better than the PET tape. I've ordered some of that 3M adhesive transfer tape and I'm going to try to mount the 1/8" glass to the spring steel so I can magnetically attach the glass to the Maghold plate. I really don't like using the corner glass clips. After every heat cycle they are coming loose and I have to keep re-tightening them... maybe I need some lock washers on them. Hopefully combing the glass with the Maghold plate will work.
    Hey Kludge,

I am using my MagHold plate now. I love the convenience of it, and am so glad to have gotten away from messy Acetone/ABS glue to hold my prints down. I do notice that the white BuildTak surface (I was shipped white not black) is not perfectly flat. There are bubbles that I cannot press out. In addition, I believe my MagHold plate is also slightly warped (and there are a couple knicks/gouges in it). The middle is in fact higher than the corners. Maybe this is the nature of aluminum build plates, and the only solution is glass? How are you keeping ABS adhered to the glass? Temps? Glue?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Yes it can happen. You need to loosen the x axis pulley grub screws and realign the x axis so it is square to the y axis. Then tighten pulleys up again. Make sure you use some thread lock on the set screws.

It is easier to do this adjusting with the side panels off.

Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    I just noticed my printer's x-axis rails are completely crooked. It took me a while to notice this because I've been printing very small parts, but once I tried printing something large and square, it started printing out like a parallelogram. One of the first things I printed was that 10cm cube, and I don't remember that printing out in that shape so I think this has happened since I got it. Could this have happened when the print head was jamming into the corner due to the bad gcode start script. It did sound as if the belt was skipping teeth. Either way, what is the easiest way to correct this?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Hey Kludge,

I am using my MagHold plate now. I love the convenience of it, and am so glad to have gotten away from messy Acetone/ABS glue to hold my prints down. I do notice that the white BuildTak surface (I was shipped white not black) is not perfectly flat. There are bubbles that I cannot press out. In addition, I believe my MagHold plate is also slightly warped (and there are a couple knicks/gouges in it). The middle is in fact higher than the corners. Maybe this is the nature of aluminum build plates, and the only solution is glass? How are you keeping ABS adhered to the glass? Temps? Glue?
    I actually haven't printed with ABS in about a month. My wife mentioned that the basement was starting to stink so I switched to just printing with PLA until I get my fume extraction closet set up. When I did print with ABS I was just using the hairspray on glass which seemed to work well. I think I was at about 100-105°C on the bed.

Not sure if I'm going to send the MagHold back since yours is the same way. I'll try the glass on top of it first, my adhesive tape should be here tomorrow.

Page 82 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast