Close

Page 7 of 411 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    So I was printing the feed bracket and the right extruder stopped working, wont push the filament through anymore. I was able to unload it, not sure if a piece broke off or what but it wont load anymore. Anyone else have this problem?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    What kind of Filament where you using and at what temp?

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    What kind of Filament where you using and at what temp?
    The stuff that came with it. 230

ABS or PLA? 230 is to hot for PLA. ABS would be good at 230 but it can clog easier. Use your front panel menu to unload and then again to load filament if you haven't already.

Well crap. one of the spools was PLA and the other was ABS. Thought both were ABS. The one that clogged was PLA, I was running it at 230. What do I do now?

Use the front panel to unload and reload letting the extruder get good and hot. If that doesn't work goto YouTube and watch some flashforge videos on how to take apart and clean your extruder. In the mean time use the other extruder.

Tried that and didnt work. Watching the video. Thanks for the advice! Good thing its a dual. Printing my spool guides right now.

FeloGreen I emailed QIDI Tech about the changes to there latest model and if I could make some of the updateds to mine.
    They said extruder is different but would sell me a new one for $55. Actually not a bad deal. They also said they went to a new chip on the controller board but my board has the same firmware.
    Could you do me a favor and take photos of all of the different menu screens you have so I can compare them to mine.
    Mine dose not say any thing about Qidi Tech or Sailfish like yours does.

Thanks

Hello again,
    I was the guy that asked about the Build Plate temperature adjustment. As it turns out, I just modify the GCode to 40C, for PLA (as QIDI recommends). Sorry for my tardiness, just getting over a severe Flu.....:-(

In any case, thanks for the heads up on the mods and videos. I'm a CNC guy by trade and while the printing process fits right in my wheelhouse, I appreciate the accelerated learning curve a discussion provides. It saves hours of valuable time...

I also got that clicking noise first in the left head after printing 3 parts, then in the right head after print just 2. I ended up finding the culprit being clogged PTFE tube between the stepper and the nozzle. Unclogged them and I'm printing again. I've been experimenting with z layer thicknesses, what is the finest resolution that you guys have printed at? If memory serves me, it seems I read somewhere that you can get down to .10mm. Does that work? What are the drawbacks, I mean besides the obvious extended build times?

Thanks again for the rich discussion,
    Rob

I've only printed with PLA and Esun PETG filaments so far. I havn't tried ABS yet. I have printed at .1 but .2 seems more common. The temps I print at are for PLA 200-205 at extruder and 50-60 on build plate. For Esun PETG which works pretty good I use 235-240 and 70. I've converted to using glass build plates with Aquanet hairspray and I get glass smooth bottoms on my prints but your temps may vary.

Page 7 of 411 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast